Whoops, put this in wrong place ... Free MCAT Physics student questions ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mikewof

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Apologies that I put this in the Exam threads, I'm new here. It's MCAT, so it belongs here:

My friend and I made these sample MCAT Physics study problems, they include step-by-step solutions and are designed to be very similar to actual MCAT problems.

http://outlawscientists.com/sample_outlaw physics_set.pdf

I'm a Ph.D. Physicist, trained a lot of students over the years in strategies for the MCAT Physics questions. The students I trained kept telling me that my methods were good, and it helped them. For instance I show how to use the units in the answer choices to figure out the equation needed to solve the problem, and I show how to to find shortcuts to maximize time.

My background is that I used to be s science journalist before I became a physicist, so I enjoy finding ways to make physics easier for people, because I suffered through some of the same confusing physics instruction as everyone else when I was an undergrad. I wrote end-of-chapter problems in a university physics textbook and I have taught about a thousand students in my teaching career.

After hearing compliments about my methods for a few years, I finally decided to try to write an MCAT prep for the physics problems only, since those one seem to be difficult for many students. I made a Kickstarter for it, but it's obvious to see that it's not going to succeed. I was pretty depressed over it, but such is life.

So even though the Kickstarter doesn't look destined to succeed, maybe you folks can get some use out of the 17-problem samples.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi All,

Apologies that I put this in the Exam threads, I'm new here. It's MCAT, so it belongs here:

My friend and I made these sample MCAT Physics study problems, they include step-by-step solutions and are designed to be very similar to actual MCAT problems.

http://outlawscientists.com/sample_outlaw physics_set.pdf

I'm a Ph.D. Physicist, trained a lot of students over the years in strategies for the MCAT Physics questions. The students I trained kept telling me that my methods were good, and it helped them. For instance I show how to use the units in the answer choices to figure out the equation needed to solve the problem, and I show how to to find shortcuts to maximize time.

My background is that I used to be s science journalist before I became a physicist, so I enjoy finding ways to make physics easier for people, because I suffered through some of the same confusing physics instruction as everyone else when I was an undergrad. I wrote end-of-chapter problems in a university physics textbook and I have taught about a thousand students in my teaching career.

After hearing compliments about my methods for a few years, I finally decided to try to write an MCAT prep for the physics problems only, since those one seem to be difficult for many students. I made a Kickstarter for it, but it's obvious to see that it's not going to succeed. I was pretty depressed over it, but such is life.

So even though the Kickstarter doesn't look destined to succeed, maybe you folks can get some use out of the 17-problem samples.

Thanks!
Any more of this? It seems very helpful. Any tips on electrostatics & magnets?