Who's attending AOA Boston ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cpw

It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to AOA in Boston !

I thought it would be fun to meet some of y'all if you're going to be in attendance! Hope to see some of you there !!

Dr Hom, Ben, Tom, KHE, and the rest of the gang (students included)... who's gonna be there?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to AOA in Boston !

I thought it would be fun to meet some of y'all if you're going to be in attendance! Hope to see some of you there !!

Dr Hom, Ben, Tom, KHE, and the rest of the gang (students included)... who's gonna be there?
Sorry CPW, I will not be at the AOA meeting this year, but I may be in Orlando giving a talk for B&L in March. I will also be giving a talk to the students at SECO this weekend, so if anyone attends the practice management talk on Saturday at 9:15 am, make sure to come up to the podium and say hello.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be there, especially if one of my posters gets accepted. :)

I think I'm going to Boston. I have not decide fully yet, but I'll let you know.

I'm going to try and be there! :oops: Just a matter of saving up a little cash for the trip. It would be great to meet everybody, and put a face with the posts! Although, sometimes I wonder if remaining somewhat anonymous is a good thing...:p

I think I'm going to Boston. I have not decide fully yet, but I'll let you know.

It would be great to have a familiar face ! :) I don't think any of my classmates are going. (at least from my circle of friends)

cpw i'm pretty sure that i'm going now, see ya in Boston:)

I'll be at Boston :)

I'll be there with bells on!

You can find me at the BoT meetings... bring me caffeine!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i will be there!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! BoT meeting... for aosa? my bf will be there for scco :)

Yes, I'm trustee-elect for sco!

I can't wait for the super bowl and the student party!

to those of you who have gone to optometry's meeting previously,
are sports jackets absolutely mandatory for men?

I did not take a sports jacket to the Vegas meeting last year, but I also didn't go to many of the formal get togethers. Too much gambling I guess??!

Hey I'll be at the BoT meetings too:)

Great, can't wait to meet you!

I'm one half of the Meg(h)an team from SCO. :)

to those of you who have gone to optometry's meeting previously,
are sports jackets absolutely mandatory for men?

not at all. Most men wear polos and khakis. The only time you'd want the sports jacket is if you're going to the formal banquet. (which, looking at the schedule I don't think they're having one, oops!) The website even says ties are not necessary.

What night are y'all going to see the Pops?

What are you wearing to the Pops? I'm trying to plan out my packing list, and I have no idea what to wear!! Please help!

What are you wearing to the Pops? I'm trying to plan out my packing list, and I have no idea what to wear!! Please help!

I'm thinking probably a sun dress or skirt with light top. If it's an indoor thing I'll probably back a light sweater to put over it. (I always freeze in theaters)

Simi, you'd better hunt me down! What night are y'all going to see the Pops? I'll be there Friday night since we're going to Fenway on Saturday night. :D

I'll find ya over there:)
I believe that I"m going to the POPS performance friday night see ya there!

okay, maybe not on the sundress. The high Friday and Saturday is only 72. Hmmmm probably going to have to wear pants.

I'll find ya over there:)
I believe that I"m going to the POPS performance friday night see ya there!

Simi, did you find cpw in that mad house on Friday?

I loved that conductor!

Simi, did you find cpw in that mad house on Friday?

I loved that conductor!

nope.. we never found each other. I couldn't believe that conductor was 50 !! he looked 35 !!

I"m definitely Tivo-ing the July 4th Pops performance to hear the 1812 overture.

Some of my friends were laughing at me when they played "stars and stripes" because I was in band in high school and college, played piccolo, and realized I still had the solo memorized. I couldn't help myself and was subconsciously moving my hands to the notes of the piccolo solo. :oops:

Also, 8am CE is EVIL !!! EVIL !! (especially when they do not provide breakfast) Thank god for the conveniently located Dunkin Donuts.

Also, 8am CE is EVIL !!! EVIL !! (especially when they do not provide breakfast) Thank god for the conveniently located Dunkin Donuts.

ARBO was like that, but at least the always had the decency to provide decent food. S'what I ate everyday last time I was there :)

nope.. we never found each other. I couldn't believe that conductor was 50 !! he looked 35 !!

He was 50???????? :eek:
You have to, HAVE TO, be kidding me.

You know when we had the sing along at the end and a girl got to go to the stage to sing with him... I was with that crew of people. We were the ones who the conductor said would be for sure participating in the sing along! :D We were in love with him, we'll admit it.

And 8am? With no breakfast? You could have come to the BoT room, where they were pumping us with caffeine and sugar all day. Oy.

Wow, totally didn't look like it at all!

Who were those people singing. The woman was from spamalot right?