Who's Retaking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Broccoli

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I'm still aiming for med school, I'll be retaking sometime this Spring. I'm disappointed in my score, but I know that this is what God wanted so I'm accepting it. Who else is retaking?

Members don't see this ad.

I AM!
Ugh, stupid verbal, i hate you so much right now... It's sad because my science & writing sections were good.

I am re-taking as well. I guess 7 isn't my lucky number after all!!!!! 7,7,7

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, 29Q is a decent score. Unless you're shooting for top-tier, you'll get in somewhere.

Dude, 29Q is a decent score. Unless you're shooting for top-tier, you'll get in somewhere.

Thanks, but this is Canada... 30 minimum required with 10's across the board. 32 for some schools. +pissed+

I should probably retake. A stupid, lousy, 30 P. The very minimum I set for myself. I'm so angry right now at myself because I wanted a 33. If I hadn't wasted all that time in VR I would have been o.k because my score would have broke 30. PS probably had me either way, so I can't really be mad...except I did run out of time there too.

10VR 9PS 11BS P

S**t

Also scored a 29Q. Don't mind the Q, do mind the 29. Not 100% yet on whether or not I'll be retaking in the Spring.

Who else is retaking?
I'm not studying yet, but I ain't throwing out my books and flashcards. I have a 30, but an 8 in BS.

A few hours ago, I thought that not leaving Calfornia next fall was indicative of good news...

29Q here. Definately retaking.

I really didnt want to take the CBT version of the MCAT. Optional breaks, incessant mouse clicks, noisy keyboards, and noise-cancelling headphones (most likely ineffective) make me really nervous. I am one of those who lose their concentration real easily due to any kind of noise. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Debating whether to bother with my 35L (I think you can see that it's the latter part of this score that is bothering me-I'm really happy with the 35).

Debating whether to bother with my 35L (I think you can see that it's the latter part of this score that is bothering me-I'm really happy with the 35).

I wouldn't retake it if I were in your shoes; 35 is quite good. As long as your application essays are decent, I think adcomms will overlook your lower WS score.

How do so many of you 35+ people only manage to get an LMNO type score? I only got a 28, but I received an R on my writing samples (and I didn't finish one of them).

How do so many of you 35+ people only manage to get an LMNO type score? I only got a 28, but I received an R on my writing samples (and I didn't finish one of them).

The writing sample is a funny thing. You really need to follow the directions on it to a tee, or your score will suffer, no matter how great your writing happens to be, I think.

The writing sample is a funny thing. You really need to follow the directions on it to a tee, or your score will suffer, no matter how great your writing happens to be, I think.

i got a P on my writing sample and my first essay was about Body Count's album, Body Count and specifically the song copkiller....

3VR, 12PS, 12BS WTF!!!!

see my other wtf thread! I feel like someone just shot me in my buttlock while the others squeeze my balls to death.

30P(11B 8V 11P)........should i retkae???....trying to get into east coast schools....im thinking i need to improve that VR.....but for now.....its off to the bars

I wanted to shoot myself too, but then I realised with such a low score, I'm so dumb I'd probably miss and end up having to breathe through a straw for the rest of my life.

I can't make up my mind whether I should give up on med school ... I had a crappy GPA too ... now my chances are even lower.

But I'm feeling challenged to beat MCAT now that I'll prob retake!

I got 30M. Stupid writing and verbal screwed me over. SHould I retake it?

12 Physical Sci
11 Bio
7 verbal

I wanted to shoot myself too, but then I realised with such a low score, I'm so dumb I'd probably miss and end up having to breathe through a straw for the rest of my life.

lol i found this extremely funny. it's alright, don't be so hard on yourself

**** man, same here
i got 37N (i shouldn't have made up some fake politicians) and here in canada, u need O or P to meet the cutoff
it kinda sucks
not that i wanna go to those **** little towns anyway but it's really pissing me off that i can't apply there

Retakin 31R

11,11,9 R....

Funny thing is I wouldn't retake with a 10,10,10 Q

either way.... I'm going to go after something in the mid 30's next july and then not leave a doubt in my mind that my MCAT scores could be weak....

Good luck all retakers

retaking with 9, 9, 12 (30O)

hopefully now since i've taken physics II and physiology I can do better. Only time will tell.

3VR, 12PS, 12BS WTF!!!!

see my other wtf thread! I feel like someone just shot me in my buttlock while the others squeeze my balls to death.

go Aung San Suu Kyi! I absolutely love her.

As for your verbal score. wow I have never seen a discrepency so big. Sadly, you just have to retake it...

Retakin 31R

11,11,9 R....

Funny thing is I wouldn't retake with a 10,10,10 Q

either way.... I'm going to go after something in the mid 30's next july and then not leave a doubt in my mind that my MCAT scores could be weak....

Good luck all retakers

unless you want to go to harvard, upenn, standford, uscf. no point in re-taking it