Why Are Threads Being Deleted?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrPharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of threads missing from this site? Where have they gone? Why are they being deleted?

Members don't see this ad.

For example, the PharmD/JD thread

and threads about residencies from way back when when this forum was just introduced? I'm dissapointed in the moderators. They should not delete threads just because they don't feel it seem fit or not to their taste. We should be able to talk about what we want to talk about. It's a forum for pharmacy students and it does not need to pertain to only pharmacy. :scared:

If it's not the moderator's fault, then I apologize. Please look into this. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't deleted any threads lately, nor has Brill.

The PharmD/JD thread is still here. It is currently the 14th item down the first page.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=163742

Are you trying to use the search function to find threads? The site just underwent a major upgrade and the search database still hasn't got all of the kinks worked out yet. There is an announcement about it at the top of the page entitled "Server Updates and Search Function."

The residency threads are still here. You may just have to go back through the pages manually to find them until the search function is back up. Or, it may be working by now, I'm not quite sure. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to post or PM me if you have any further concerns. :)

-Anna

There are only 2 pages of threads. There are a lot of threads from the beginning since this forum opened that are not currently here.

Thanks for the quick response!

Hmmm. I see 117 total viewable threads (including redirects) in this forum. If you are viewing 40 threads per page as I am, you should see 3 pages. I wonder if maybe you are set for 60 per page page somehow?

Another possibility is that if you are looking for a Pre-Pharm topic that was posted here in error and transferred to that forum, it would not come up while searching this forum. You would have to search the Pre-Pharm forum to find it.

Let me know if there are any specific threads you can't find, or if you really do have less than 117 threads showing in this forum.

-Anna :)

I'm only seeing about 47 on 2 pages :cool:

Is there something wrong with my settings?

Wow. When I log out I can only see 51 threads. Once I log in, I see all 106.

Try going out the the "Pharmacy Forums" index and coming back in too. For me, that seems to get back all the threads, so long as I am logged in.

I think we will have to do some more investigating. Thanks for alerting me to the problem.

Yes, it seems to be an odd database or cookies issue -- I'll look for the problem.

All the threads are still there. If you follow Bananaface's recommendations you'll see them.

Thanks for letting us know! :)

At the very bottom of the forum page should be a "show threads" box. Change the "from the" box to "beginning" and click "show threads." This should fix your problem./

Thanks A Lot!