Why do we have a New Members Forum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djeffreyt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, seriously...I've almost never ventured beyond the predental forums since I don't have much interest in doing so, but I got bored and looked at some other forums today (no one wanted to go out tonight!)

So, what exactly is the point of the New Members Forum? New members will post little "hello" threads that then never get responses...I mean you look down the replies column and it is all 0...except maybe that I just answered one just now. So...uh...wtf?

Members don't see this ad.

i ended up posting on the new member forum b/c when i went to activate my membership, they made it seem like i had to. then i got another email after the fact saying that it was optional and was used to reduce spam.

Members don't see this ad :)
i ended up posting on the new member forum b/c when i went to activate my membership, they made it seem like i had to. then i got another email after the fact saying that it was optional and was used to reduce spam.

Uh, the sticky in the New Members forum said that it was mandatory before being allowed to post elsewhere. And one has to wait some 50 or so minutes before being allowed to post elsewhere.

Uh, the sticky in the New Members forum said that it was mandatory before being allowed to post elsewhere. And one has to wait some 50 or so minutes before being allowed to post elsewhere.

Lies. I made my first post in Pre-Dental immediately after creating an account. New Members is just for n00bers.

Lies. I made my first post in Pre-Dental immediately after creating an account. New Members is just for n00bers.

I've been replying to everyone else's thread for the last half hour now. I just can't start my own.

cool, just wondering

I just looked at it, and its quite sad all those posts and no replies. It begs the question why. :(

You just made someones day. :thumbup:

only if they all go back to look at the replies now.