Why does this school get the censure it deserves?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noomm

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
And on your right we have the Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Nevada...

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.042...4!1sb4KoJiVZGINtw0aPK0DE-A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

What the ****? This place looks like it could be Devry or some other crappy for-profit school. If I had to go to this school I think I would strongly consider offing myself.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
all the touro campuses are visually very ugly. usually single or double block-like buildings, and in poor/cheap locations. im surprised their tuitions aren't cheaper.

Last edited:
You should see the one in New York.
Touro.jpg

Kinda like when you look for a girlfriend/wife. It's not what you see on the outside, but it's the qualities she provides that matters.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And on your right we have the Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Nevada...

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.042...4!1sb4KoJiVZGINtw0aPK0DE-A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

What the ****? This place looks like it could be Devry or some other crappy for-profit school. If I had to go to this school I think I would strongly consider offing myself.
Seems like you've never been to Nevada. Aside from the strip everything looks like this. Also don't kid yourself, every school is for profit. Just depends on if they claim the tax exemption or not.

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Honestly TUNCOM is one of my top choices based on location alone. The campus looks nice enough for me. It looks clean and well maintained!

Which is why you should always bring a parent to the interview so they can inspect the landscaping and paint job.

Reactions: 8 users
Man, I hope the other sides of the building have more windows than the front...

You need to rearrange your priorities if looks are #1 for a school

The location of that Touro school must be insane if they haven't considered relocating.

Honestly TUNCOM is one of my top choices based on location alone. The campus looks nice enough for me. It looks clean and well maintained!

I live up the road from it. It's actually a very nice area. I can't even think of any crimes ever happening near it.

You need to rearrange your priorities if looks are #1 for a school

Medical school is and should be a source of pride and distinguished achievement. Part of that is the students and the legacy of the school, but a part of that is also how the school wants itself to appear to the community around it. Some schools take pride in offering an atmosphere that pays respect to the legacy of the students who have attended and the achievements that they bring to the school. Others do not.

I personally find my walk to my class in the morning gratifying and in many ways an encouraging environment.

Appearance isn't everything, it's the caliber of education that matters, but if you want to complain about aesthetics, there's georgetown. A lot of the interior probably hasn't been updated for over a hundred years.

For the record though I'd go to medical school in the streets of camden, NJ, if the education and the school was good. My example is extreme, but don't be shallow and dismissive. This isn't dating in high school.

Rowan is in Camden. Some people actually do care about appearances, that is why the best universities in the country often spend millions of dollars on renovations and facilities, they want to present a good face to outside world. Given the cost of going to school, I am not surprised that students have certain expectations on campus facilities.

Reactions: 1 users
:help::troll:

Rowan is in Camden. Some people actually do care about appearances, that is why the best universities in the country often spend millions of dollars on renovations and facilities, they want to present a good face to outside world. Given the cost of going to school, I am not surprised that students have certain expectations on campus facilities.

RowanSOM is in Stratford, not Camden. I assure you that is a huge difference.

Cooper, which is the MD school that is affiliated with Rowan, is in Camden. However, it looks like this:

Rowan-Univ-Cooper-Med-School-7-1024x681.jpg

Hardly comparable to Touro NY.

Good point. I love looking at the TUNCOM website. Seems like such a great place to be. I'd really love to get an interview.