Why is it that when I study harder, I fail harder

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hiangle

Just a member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I try my best and give the best effort for an exam, I do worse. It happens to me so often that it makes me confused and angry.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Study smarter, not harder.

Reactions: 3 users
You are probably burning yourself out. Boolean is right. You need to dig around for higher yield study methods.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel you.... Sometimes I barely study and then fail. But then I do study and fail as hard...

avoid your schools tutors, study centers etc at all costs. You youtube and khan academy etc. And use google. kay? If you you must use your school, ONLY get help from your instructor.

I would try to change up your study habits. Try doing different things. Record lectures, highlight key points in your textbook - do whatever it takes. Obviously, what you're doing now is not working for you.

Seriously just got a 40% on a quiz I studied so hard for. I think my studying just made concepts more difficult.

When I try my best and give the best effort for an exam, I do worse. It happens to me so often that it makes me confused and angry.

Maybe you need better studying habits? Utilize your prof/TA's office hours, focus on the lecture notes, get tutoring assist, KhanAcademy etc.

study like you would for the MCAT. that should work..