Why is this forum full of fantasy role playing threads? It makes absolutely no sense.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VeterinaryStudentK9

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This WW thread infection, whatever it is, is completely unrelated to the topic of the forum. Why in God's name are so many pre vet students interested in role playing and why are you all posting it on this forum? When I clicked the most popular threads of all time, hoping to learn something useful about vet school, all I got were these weird WW threads. Can someone please explain?

Members don't see this ad.

WW is a game that members from all over SDN play. It's a great way for members to get to know each other and to take a break from the stress of professional school. You should try it sometime.

Reactions: 3 users
We have plenty of other "off-topic" threads like "Rant Here," "Random Stuffs," "NHL," etc. At the end of the day this isn't just a pre-vet forum to exclusively discuss vet school. It's a community where people can get to know one another and discuss whatever they desire. I've personally made more friends/connections in this vet med community from WW than probably any other thread.

The good news is, if you don't like them they are pretty easy to see which ones are WW and you can avoid them :).

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's a way for many members to blow off steam and get to know one another.

At the end of the day, this forum is viewed by many as a supportive community, not simply a bank of information.

(Also, it's just plain fun so I don't see an issue with that either...)

Sorting by most popular threads is not going to be a great way to get information - you're going to get WW and a lot of longer term social threads (e.g. "Rant Here") that have just piled on the posts. I'd suggest searching more specific topics and questions instead. :)

Reactions: 6 users
tumblr_n56jjialcd1qkd8xuo2_500.jpg

Why in God's name are so many pre vet students interested in role playing

download.jpg

Reactions: 13 users
Okay, okay, to answer your question.

Pre vet is far from the only pre professional anything tread to engage in WW. Not only is it super fun, challenging, and makes you think critically, I've made connections with so many vet students from all over the country getting to know them by playing. Its just a way to socialize without being serious 24/7.

Reactions: 1 users
See, I am conflicted here, as normally when the op said "Why in God's name are so many pre vet students interested in role playing" I would be tempted to immediately tag LIS and Rojo, but the op specifically only want pre vets, so should I be tagging the 13 yo to explain our role playing proclivities? @WildZoo

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
K9, I cannot believe you would wish to come into a new environment and make this close minded and ignorant post as your first impression. We are a family on this forum. We support each other not only in our chosen profession of veterinary medicine, but through everything else in life. That includes talking about relationships, movies and television, books, and all kinds of interesting hobbies. These role playing games add a delightful layer of problem solving, competition, and good laughs.

So while you may have come here to only learn about veterinary medicine, you have instead insulted nearly everyone here and I for one will be putting you on ignore. There were so many other ways to have asked about this game we all play, but you chose to be a jerk. Unbelievable.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This WW thread infection, whatever it is, is completely unrelated to the topic of the forum. Why in God's name are so many pre vet students interested in role playing and why are you all posting it on this forum? When I clicked the most popular threads of all time, hoping to learn something useful about vet school, all I got were these weird WW threads. Can someone please explain?

I have to agree with Lupin. There were many ways to ask this question, and K9 decided to be an complete asshat about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
If that's anything like Pandemic, I call Madagascar. :D
For my immunology class last year, we got 5 points of extra credit if we could beat the game and send a screenshot to our prof. It was the most fun EC assignment I did all year.

In my immunology class, we played a game called Immune Quest and our scores on there counted as one of our test grades. :D

I love immunology. Easily one of my favorite upper-division biology courses.
Immunology made me want to die. But that's just how it was at my school, nobody liked it. I loved my upper division genetics class though, that one was probably my fav.

I guess everyone just had a super cool immuno teacher. I really liked mine too :D

My school had an upper level epi class that I so wish I would've taken...

Hahahahaha. Our immunology professor and "fun" or "cool" are not words I'd put on the same campus. Brilliant woman - horrible, horrible teacher in a subject where a good teacher makes it a million times better. I've told STL like eighteen times he should do an immuno game since he's a weirdo who loves that stuff. Maybe I'd learn something!

Reactions: 1 user
My school had an upper level epi class that I so wish I would've taken...
Epidemiology was a really neat class, too, and it's one of the big reasons why I'm considering an MPH. A lot of people I think had the wrong impression of what the class was about (and didn't realize there was math/stats involved) and so didn't enjoy it as much, but I liked it.

Hahahahaha. Our immunology professor and "fun" or "cool" are not words I'd put on the same campus. Brilliant woman - horrible, horrible teacher in a subject where a good teacher makes it a million times better. I've told STL like eighteen times he should do an immuno game since he's a weirdo who loves that stuff. Maybe I'd learn something!

Never took Immuno in undergrad (wanted to but they decided not to offer it spring my sr year) and then it was a semi-disaster of a course here. I feel like I too would benefit from an Immuno game.

My immunology professor was similar. He is a super fun guy to talk to and you can tell he knows his stuff inside and out because he used to work in animal vaccine formulation, but he is also SUPER disorganized and his lectures were fragmented and difficult to follow.

Epidemiology was a really neat class, too, and it's one of the big reasons why I'm considering an MPH. A lot of people I think had the wrong impression of what the class was about (and didn't realize there was math/stats involved) and so didn't enjoy it as much, but I liked it.

I'm considering one too, so I'm really kicking myself for not fitting it in! We take epi in the spring here, so I guess its coming up.

I am DREADING immuno in vet school because of my experience in undergrad, but fingers crossed it is significantly less miserable. I don't think I learned anything when I took it last time, yet somehow pulled off an A....? It's honestly probably the class I am most nervous for next year.

I am DREADING immuno in vet school because of my experience in undergrad, but fingers crossed it is significantly less miserable. I don't think I learned anything when I took it last time, yet somehow pulled off an A....? It's honestly probably the class I am most nervous for next year.

AHHH I'm in the exact same boat with immunology!! Except I didn't pull off an A, lol.

This is...honestly one of the most amazing things I could've woken up to here :rofl:

If I get permission from those from whoever it is that has the immuno game saved, I would love to make one. Immuno is my jam, but I would probably spend forever making that game perfect, bc its immuno lol.

If I get permission from those from whoever it is that has the immuno game saved, I would love to make one. Immuno is my jam, but I would probably spend forever making that game perfect, bc its immuno lol.

I'll play. Can I request the Prion spoiler role? ;)

The MOST amusing part of this thread is that there's about a 50% chance the OP is a hard-core WW player within 2 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
I'd like to point out that qualified veterinarians play the same games you just insulted.
That's it, that's all I have.
:rofl:

Reactions: 4 users

I say you go for it. I haven't heard anything from lissa who was going to comod that one. I have no problems with you running an immuno game instead of me. To be honest, you'd likely be 1000x better than me, I can't remember a lot of immunology.

I love how this turned into a discussion for the next WW game. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
I want an auto signup for immuno! Heck, if you need it, I'll even co-mod.

In my immunology class, we played a game called Immune Quest and our scores on there counted as one of our test grades. :D
What's the link for this? It sounds fun. Google provided me with a site with an app to download, but I'm paranoid about picking up viruses, so can you please confirm the site for me?

I surprisingly really enjoyed immunology, despite my not-so-stellar professor. Easily one of my favorite upper-division biology courses. I would LOVE a WW game themed to it!
I had the same thing in my immuno class back in the day!

9959677.gif

Since people commented here about an immune game, should the host we are working with be a human, a dog, a cat, or a horse? (sorry cattle people, but that's my weakest part of immuno

Cats. Maybe I'll learn something useful for my own kitty

I wanna be the person that says dogs, but... Idc as long as it isn't a horse ;)

I'd love to play immuno WW- granted I've never played a WW game before- but it'd be cool. So I'd probably die first.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was def gonna say horse. Guess I'm the weird equine kid. not human though. Humans are gross. :)