Why is this forum full of veterinary medicine threads? It makes absolutely no sense.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhtsThFrequency

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This pre-vet thread infection, whatever it is, is completely unrelated to role playing WW games. Why in God's name are so many WW players interested in veterinary stuff and why are you all posting it on this forum? I came here hoping to learn something useful about WW strategy, all I got were these weird threads talking about GPAs and animal experience and VMCAS, whatever that is. Can someone please explain?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Vet school is a torture that people from all over the world go through. It's a great way for people to spend every living hour with only ~100 other people, and to experience the stress of professional school. You should try it sometime!

Reactions: 14 users
I was really confused and honestly had to do a triple-take because before I fully read the thread title and creator, I thought the same thread got reposted by OP and was like "....so we didn't see this the first time?"

Reactions: 5 users
We have plenty of other "off-topic" threads like "What Are My Chances," "Do's and Don'ts of Applying to Vet School," "VMCAS Help," etc. At the end of the day this isn't just a role play forum to exclusively discuss WW. It's a community where people can get to interrogate one another and discuss whatever they desire.

The good news is, if you don't like them they are pretty easy to see which ones are vet school-related and you can avoid them :).

Reactions: 7 users
WTF, you really should be part of Team Special Snowflake.

grumpy-cat-in-snow.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you really need to be such a jerk about it? We have all kinds of threads, some of which are off topic (like veterinary medicine, rant/rave, etc). We're like a family here and support each other outside of WW, too.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello,

I'm interested in becoming a veterinarian, it's been my lifelong dream. I've volunteered every waking moment of my life and have a 5.8 GPA. I did get a C+ in General Chemistry. Will that ruin my chances? What are my chances?

Reactions: 8 users
Hello,

I'm interested in becoming a veterinarian, it's been my lifelong dream. I've volunteered every waking moment of my life and have a 6.0 GPA. I did get a C+ in General Chemistry. Will that ruin my chances? What are my chances?

I can't believe no one has replied to you yet. You deserve repeated validation and advice you most certainly won't follow!

Reactions: 15 users
Hello,

I'm interested in becoming a veterinarian, it's been my lifelong dream. I've volunteered every waking moment of my life and have a 5.8 GPA. I did get a C+ in General Chemistry. Will that ruin my chances? What are my chances?
It doesn't matter how long you've volunteered or what GPA you have. You got a C+ -- you're automatically disqualified from vet school forever. You have no chances. Sorry.

I can't believe no one has replied to you yet. You deserve repeated validation and advice you most certainly won't follow!

Post of the month.

Reactions: 1 user
It doesn't matter how long you've volunteered or what GPA you have. You got a C+ -- you're automatically disqualified from vet school forever. You have no chances. Sorry.

That's fine. I'll just continue down the path of human medicine. All the high-ranked vet schools were my backups in case I didn't get accepted to any med schools.

Reactions: 12 users
That's fine. I'll just continue down the path of human medicine. All the high-ranked vet schools were my backups in case I didn't get accepted to any med schools.

At least you were smart and understood about rankings. Those are key to determining which vet school to apply to.

Reactions: 9 users
Nobody replied because he didn't start a new thread to ask.

Reactions: 1 user
Nobody replied because he didn't start a new thread to ask.

*facepalm* that IS what you're supposed to do. Silly me. Who doesn't love seeing repeated content?

Reactions: 2 users
*facepalm* that IS what you're supposed to do. Silly me. Who doesn't love seeing repeated content?
But if we don't repeat the content everyday, then we would have to resort to going to the second page or using the search function! Ain't nobody got time for that!

Reactions: 1 users
I have to defend the OP....
*I have no interest in pre-vet. I ain't no stinking pre-vet student, and I ain't no stinking vet.
* Anyone asking a pre-vet question is just a nerd looking to get into vet school.
* do we really need more vet students and vets. I think there are enough of those types already.
* Why would anyone ask random strangers on-line about how to proceed in their careers? Don't they have parents to direct every aspect of their lives?

I spit on all of you.

I have to defend the OP....
*I have no interest in pre-vet. I ain't no stinking pre-vet student, and I ain't no stinking vet.
* Anyone asking a pre-vet question is just a nerd looking to get into vet school.
* do we really need more vet students and vets. I think there are enough of those types already.
* Why would anyone ask random strangers on-line about how to proceed in their careers? Don't they have parents to direct every aspect of their lives?

I spit on all of you.

For completeness' sake: Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries.

Reactions: 10 users
dubz isn't the only one who can bump.

• Wow
  • Love
As a slightly neurotic/super stressed prevet student in the current app cycle, I would like to say thank you very much for this humorous thread. I am crying I'm laughing so hard :biglove:

Edit: I'm also super excited to play my first noob game! Woohoo :soexcited:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love