Why some people smarter than the other

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thegreat06

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just studied about memory of human, so this question come up.
Why some people can understand somethings faster than the other??
I know if our body are healthy, so the brain can remember things better ( easier to recall memories) but how about understand things.
Can some one answer me this question in psychology view

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just studied about memory of human, so this question come up.
Why some people can understand somethings faster than the other??
I know if our body are healthy, so the brain can remember things better ( easier to recall memories) but how about understand things.
Can some one answer me this question in psychology view
In psychology, we have to start with defining intelligence. Memory is just one aspect of cognitive function and there are quite a few separate and interrelated components of memory. I personally like to define intelligence in terms of what I am good at. :D Using that rubric, verbal memory and social/emotional intelligence get my vote for most important. ;)

If I had to pick strengths for being smart, I'd go with abstract reasoning, processing speed, and emotional intelligence. i'm not saying all 0.1%'ers (intelligence-wise) have those traits, but I'd argue the majority of successful smart ppl have those qualities.

There are a plethora of books on emotional intelligence, which is only one aspect of this puzzle, but it is probably the most learnable (and acquirable).