Will 2 Cs tank my chances of getting into engineering schools?

Some6888

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a high school senior and I got 2 Cs last year. 1 was first semester in AP stats and the other was in first semester of honors anatomy and physiology. I really screwed up first semester and these classes were quite hard for me. But I those were my only Cs ever. I got A+ second semester both classes. I'm in AP biology and AP physics c mechanics and AP calc BC and I have As in all of them. My weighted GPA is 4.1 and unweighted is 3.8 and I want to major in biomedical engineering. My ACT score is 36. I'm not looking to go to any top tier schools. I want to go to university of Cincinnati, Ohio state university, university of Akron, university of central Florida, schools like those, so will I still get in SOMEWHERE Good for biomedical engineering? Will colleges see that I made significant improvement or am I doomed for life?

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend community college and then a university near home.

Now you should be exploring interests and careers!
I got accepted to Biomedical Engineering but decided to major in something else due to my goals and laziness.

You will be great. Don't worry! Relax. You will have no problem. Worry less, life is too short. You sound brilliant to me, and you will get into many schools

Members don't see this ad :)
You should have no problems getting into any of the Ohio schools

36 act.... Alright pick your engineering program. I don't know if it is too late, but consider taking one of the science sat II's and the sat Math II on the next test date. If you get 720+ on both tests it would make you a very competitive applicant just about anywhere. Your gpa isn't even that low don't sweat it.

Lol it's senior year of high school chill out. Countless numbers of people slack off, as long as you don't fail you sound pretty competitive to me.