USMLE Will CCS cases make me a better intern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RF14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I start doing Uworld CCS practice cases before intern year starts in a few weeks? I haven't started studying for Step 3 yet, but would like to get better at working through some of the common problems I will see throughout the year.

Members don't see this ad.

Should I start doing Uworld CCS practice cases before intern year starts in a few weeks? I haven't started studying for Step 3 yet, but would like to get better at working through some of the common problems I will see throughout the year.

Yes do the cases but you really should already know how to manage the problems. Start on the questions too and get the test out of the way so you can fully enjoy doing discharge summaries everyday of your life!

I wouldn't buy UW CCS just to prepare for intern year. Buy it 2 months before you take Step 3 and save your money! You will learn a lot just by being an intern.

I'd have to agree with the above comment. Don't purchase the CCS to be a better intern. I'd wait 2-3 months prior to STEP 3 and purchase them. Make sure to complete every CCS case in UWorld.