Will Current MCAT be accepted in 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Isabelle28

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I've found these threads to be rather helpful. I've done my research and definitely know that doing a Masters program is going to be the best route for me considering my low GPA and my lack of higher level science courses. I majored in Anthropology and only took basic MCAT science classes. My issue with undergrad at Loyola was that I took all my major sciences my freshman year and didnt do great bio, chem, calc), but my grades picked up by senior year (when I took phyics and orgo). I will be applying to both MD and DO (strongly aiming towards). I'm wondering if anyone can guide me in the right direction. I'm going to apply to MS programs for 2015 entry and then once I receive my grades I plan to subit my med school application. That way my gpa will be higher. Should I wait to take the newer MCAT then? OR should I take the current MCAT in Jan? To get into RFUMS a GRE is sufficient. Also, when i apply for the 2017 med school cycle after my masters is done will they still be accepting the current MCAT? Can anyone please advise me if i should take advantage of the current MCAT or wait until after masters and do the new MCAT? THANK YOU!!!!!!

Here are my stats:
BS. in Anthropology from Loyola Uni
Graduated 2014
Cum GPA: 2.945
Science GPA: 2.7

What are my chances getting into MS programs???
Will the current MCAT (jan 2015 date) be obsolete when I apply for 2017 cycle?

Members don't see this ad.