Will dental schools send rejection (already interviewed)before the December1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

penny49

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will dental schools send you rejection letter (already interviewed)before the December 1? Or they will hold rejection letter until that magic day?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
sometimes yes. Depends on the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Officially no but unofficially YES!

Many schools just write on the AADSAS portal: "Please check back on December 1". This is an unofficial rejection :)

What is unofficial acceptance? Like "please don't check back on dec 1?"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: 4 users
This is school-dependent. Of course not everyone does it, but letters in the mail stating rejection post-interview and pre-December happens. Written notice is as official as it gets.

Have anyones statuses been updated following interviews...Like from invited to interview to ______. I'm just wondering, becuase mine still say invited for interview

yeaup after my LLU interview, they changed the status from invited to interview to Received/Application Completed

Same here for me! My status for LLU changed from "Invited for Inteview" to "Received/Application Complete"

I had an interview with the Dean of admissions Dr. K over the phone so I'm really confused what this means.

Does anyone know if this means we are unofficially rejected?

I've got similar questions, and this is the closest thread I could find. Do the schools where we have our pre-Dec interviews get back to us on December 1 only if we are accepted? Or, will they also let us know if we are rejected/waitlisted that day? Even if we don't get an offer of admission on Decemeber 1, is it possible that we get admitted later in the cycle (after a long period of silence)?:confused:

Thanks in advance! :)

In my experience from last year, schools wait till the absolute very end of the cycle to send out rejections. As in late April, early May.

Last edited:
They can. A few do. Most of them wait for late in the cycle.

One of the schools I interviewed with, AT Still, sent me an email two days after my interview and rejected me, but they told us during the interview that they would quickly send us an email either rejecting us or telling us they were going to continue considering our applications.

You CAN be rejected pre-december, you CANNOT be accepted pre-december. So a rejection could be sent out after an interview.

"Please check back on Dec 1" means that the school has made a decision on your admittance status, so you will either have a acceptance or rejection on Dec. 1

Reactions: 1 user
I got a "please check back Dec 1" for Nova without interviewing there. Is this for sure a rejection or is there a chance on Dec 1 it will say continuing review or something like that?

I got a "please check back Dec 1" for Nova without interviewing there. Is this for sure a rejection or is there a chance on Dec 1 it will say continuing review or something like that?
It's a rejection...

One of the schools I interviewed with, AT Still, sent me an email two days after my interview and rejected me, but they told us during the interview that they would quickly send us an email either rejecting us or telling us they were going to continue considering our applications.

That's really rough. But also good in a way that they don't keep you waiting?