Will I be good for Pre-reqs without taking physics in high school?

ComputerGuy365

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,

I'm about to start the IB in a couple of months, and I was just wondering if physics is a necessity in high school? I will be taking Biology, Chemistry and Math. Will I have trouble with Physics 1/2 in college?

Thanks,

ComputerGuy365

Members don't see this ad.

Physics is not too bad... have you taken calculus? Will you be taking calculus? I have heard physics (calc based) is easier, but I am personally taking algebra based physics. **I am not the sharpest crayon in the box when it comes to physics and math** and it is pretty darn manageable for me so far :)

Most people take Physics as a Junior and have long forgotten everything they learned in AP or IB high school physics. You'll be fine.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Physics is not too bad... have you taken calculus? Will you be taking calculus? I have heard physics (calc based) is easier, but I am personally taking algebra based physics. **I am not the sharpest crayon in the box when it comes to physics and math** and it is pretty darn manageable for me so far :)
I will be taking SL math, which does include calculus. As far as I've heard, there is no calculus based physics required for pre-med, but I may be wrong.

Most people take Physics as a Junior and have long forgotten everything they learned in AP or IB high school physics. You'll be fine.
Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey SDN,

I'm about to start the IB in a couple of months, and I was just wondering if physics is a necessity in high school? I will be taking Biology, Chemistry and Math. Will I have trouble with Physics 1/2 in college?

Thanks,

ComputerGuy365
Taking IB physics in high school will be a huge help when you learn it in college. Physics is considered to be the toughest science subject because of its abstract concepts students have a difficulty of grasping upon. However if you take it in high school, you will have a much easier time in college where it REALLY matters (med schools wont see your high school grades).

So yea. TAKE IT IN HIGH SCHOOL. Cheers & good luck. *raises cup of water