Will I get any love?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Leggomyeggo128

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
SDNers are going to say that you have a slim chance because of your MCAT.

In reality, you probably should retake the MCAT of you can - I bet you can get a higher score. If you can't or don't want to - apply to more than 15. Maybe just apply to all of the DO schools. It's much less expensive and time consuming to get in the first time around than to try a second time.

And when you say you're submitting very earlier... You mean in the next two weeks right?

Last edited:
Whats your state of residence? I would take the MCAT again and go from there. GPAs are fine. Good luck1

Members don't see this ad :)
Applying tomorrow. Really would like to avoid the MCAT again. I am from Missouri, so fingers crossed for KCUMB or KCOM, but I'd sooner go anywere

IMHO, I cannot understand why premed would not retake the MCAT with a sub 30 score. I know you can get in with lower though. Still low 30s is not that difficult, and it is a significant improvement from a mid to high 20s score.

IMHO, I cannot understand why premed would not retake the MCAT with a sub 30 score. I know you can get in with lower though. Still low 30s is not that difficult, and it is a significant improvement from a mid to high 20s score.

Have you taken the MCAT?

Have you taken the MCAT?

First time during summer after junior year and got 32. Retook it semester after graduating and got 36.

I can't understand how ppl can get 3.5+ sGPA but can't get 30+ MCAT.

Because most pre-meds have a 3.5ish+ if they made it to the MCAT stage and a 30 would be like in the top 80% of all of them

First time during summer after junior year and got 32. Retook it semester after graduating and got 36.

I can't understand how ppl can get 3.5+ sGPA but can't get 30+ MCAT.

Could depend on their school's difficulty and their workload from college.

I've met kids who had to take a year off to take the MCAT because they did something like a BS/MS accelerated biomedical engineering (which at my school requires a lot of attention, these people look sleep deprived every time I used to see them in o-chem lab). Also at my university, biomedical engineering tends to score the highest on the MCAT by at least 2-3 points. There is a 3.9/40 MCAT student in our BS/MS biomedical engineering applying this year (graduated earlier this year). Not uncommon to hear kids at my school who are biomed engineers score 35+ on their MCATs but most of them have low 3.0-3.5 gpa. Arguably the toughest major because it requires tons of courses and unlike other engineering majors, it doesn't lighten up in the last few years.

Last edited:
Here are the #'s:

cGPA: 3.56
sGPA: 3.33
MCAT: 7(PS), 9(VR), 8(BS)

Letters: Committee letter, Two DO letters (from shadowing experience)
Volunteer work: all clinical ~200 hr.
Shadowing ( 3 docs; various specialties): ~100 hr.
Lots of research; posters, presentations, etc.
Clinical Internship
Behavioral health work experience
Various other less important things
(Not underrepresented or disadvantaged)

Applying very early, and to ~15 DO schools.

Will anyone want me?

chances look good. retake not necessary

:thumbup: