Will I have time to take 2-3 weekdays off during Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yogurtking2013

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am starting as a freshman in the next few weeks. On one of the weeks in the first month, a buddy of mine is coming from the middle east and came specifically to hang out with me and explore America and nightlife in the city. Will I be able to swing a few days off past 8/9PM until 1AM to accommodate him. I am worried about the work load being overwhelming. If I work ahead and plan, will this be doable in your opinions? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys. I am starting as a freshman in the next few weeks. On one of the weeks in the first month, a buddy of mine is coming from the middle east and came specifically to hang out with me and explore America and nightlife in the city. Will I be able to swing a few days off past 8/9PM until 1AM to accommodate him. I am worried about the work load being overwhelming. If I work ahead and plan, will this be doable in your opinions? Thanks
It's totally school dependent but if you are talking about just 3 days at night after class I'd guess yes at most places and definately yes where I went.

I'd say you're probably pretty good the first 1-2 weeks of school, as long as you aren't skipping class.. Not like they are going to throw any exams in your face your first week of dental school, or I'd hope not anyway haha. At our school the first few days is orientation (boring), and then intro to courses (boring) etc.