Will I lose my acceptance over this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfguy84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm finishing up ochem 2 and have a very difficult and tough grading professor. I'm looking to get a B for lecture but a C in lab. This will be my first C in a pre req....will a C result in a loss of an acceptance? Freaking out here!

@Goro ?

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be fine. Usually it takes a C- (or worse) to have them even think about rescinding an acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
One lousy lab? I seriously doubt it!

So I'm finishing up ochem 2 and have a very difficult and tough grading professor. I'm looking to get a B for lecture but a C in lab. This will be my first C in a pre req....will a C result in a loss of an acceptance? Freaking out here!

@Goro ?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptances often have some sort of contingency. Make sure you know what it is. I had one offer that required an overall GPA minimum and another that had science course specific grade cut offs.

Acceptances often have some sort of contingency. Make sure you know what it is. I had one offer that required an overall GPA minimum and another that had science course specific grade cut offs.

Was it for the required pre-reqs or all classes you were taking at that moment?
Do you mind sharing what the cut offs were? I thought most schools require a min. of a C to fulfill the requirements but I guess they can require whatever they want if it's an acceptance condition.

Was it for the required pre-reqs or all classes you were taking at that moment?
Do you mind sharing what the cut offs were? I thought most schools require a min. of a C to fulfill the requirements but I guess they can require whatever they want if it's an acceptance condition.

The one that was course specific was a B cut off for a pre-req class- they required 2 behavioral science classes and I was in the process of taking the second of those when I was accepted. I don't remember the exact GPA cut off for the other school- It was probably somewhere are a 3.2 for the term, but that is a bit of a guess since it was 5 years ago.

The one that was course specific was a B cut off for a pre-req class- they required 2 behavioral science classes and I was in the process of taking the second of those when I was accepted. I don't remember the exact GPA cut off for the other school- It was probably somewhere are a 3.2 for the term, but that is a bit of a guess since it was 5 years ago.

Thanks! Yikes, I'd better go study for that Orgo II exam then...