Will my app get looked at if I have Orgo Lab left in Summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MAnne

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am scheduled to take the MCAT May 31st and want to send out my app as soon as the scores come in. My only pre-req left is Orgo 2 Lab which I am taking in July-August. Would schools look at my app?

Thanks,
~M

Members don't see this ad.

Yep. As long as you finish it they will see that you are scheduled for it and will have zero effect. Plus its orgo 2 lab. You'll be solid. No worries.

Yep. As long as you finish it they will see that you are scheduled for it and will have zero effect. Plus its orgo 2 lab. You'll be solid. No worries.
+1. Yes and you can also be accepted and have some pre-reqs left to finish up before matriculation.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am scheduled to take the MCAT May 31st and want to send out my app as soon as the scores come in. My only pre-req left is Orgo 2 Lab which I am taking in July-August. Would schools look at my app?

Thanks,
~M
+1 to above posters... Make sure that you are getting your app done while you are waiting for your scores.

+1 to above posters... Make sure that you are getting your app done while you are waiting for your scores.

Thanks guys! I will be working on my app in the interim. I am just very reluctant on putting any schools down before the scores are released. Some people on here have said to put 1 or 2 schools down until the scores are out but what good does that do? Do I put a school that I don't care about?

Thanks guys! I will be working on my app in the interim. I am just very reluctant on putting any schools down before the scores are released. Some people on here have said to put 1 or 2 schools down until the scores are out but what good does that do? Do I put a school that I don't care about?
Putting down one school will still result in your app being verified. This does not mean that it will necessarily be received by the schools, but the part of being verified takes the longest in the process. I do recommend putting down a school that you don't care about as much but would still consider attending if accepted and no other program accepted you. Does all that make sense (well in terms of application-speak, not all makes sense LOL)?

Yeah, you'll be fine. As long as you take it before school starts.

No worries at all. Just make sure to finish it before you start. I doubt it'll even come up. Good luck with that!