Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Will previous MCAT scores appear in application sent June 3rd

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by rican18, 05.19.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. rican18

rican18 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I have taken the MCAT once and did not do well. Have been preparing to take it July 12th. I want to apply June 3rd as to assure my application gets sent early. However, my new MCAT score will not be released until mid August. The reason for submitting application June 3rd is because I am aware it takes 4-6 weeks for the application to be processed and I want to send my application early.
    If there is not MCAT score present, I have heard schools will wait to review application until that score comes in.

However, since I have a previous MCAT score, will my application be processed in such a way that schools can review and begin to make decisions based off my first MCAT score? I would like them to wait for my new score, but I do not know if my old score will be present for them to view.

Am I safer to just wait and send in my application when my July 12th MCAT score is released?

Thanks in advance
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. gonnif

gonnif Braveheart the cat, 2002-2016 Lifetime Donor 7+ Year Member

The Big Bad Apple
    Your old score will be there and schools have no obligation to wait for a new score
  4. lmn

lmn 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    They can see all your scores, you can select that you have a future mcat date schedule which means they will normally wait until that test date's results come in to review your application.

About the ads