will prometric center let you take tes early if you arrive early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faith101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If the test is scheduled for 1:30, if I arrive 12:30 for example, will they let me take it early?

Members don't see this ad.

Mine was scheduled at 8am. I went in around 7:30 and they let me start. It depends on the center.

I think it also depends on what time your test is scheduled for. Mine was for 7:30 am and I arrived at 6:45 am and they let me start at 7 since I was the only person there at the time. But if it were scheduled for noon and I arrived at 11:15, I don't know that I'd have been able to start because it was definitely busier then.

But presumably if it's not busy when you show up, I bet they'll let you start early.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on the center. I went to mine 30min early and they allowed me to take it early. For most centers, I think it'll be fine.

Mine was scheduled for 9 and I got there around 8, and they offered me the option of starting early as well.

Weird, I had mine scheduled for 8:30 and arrived early of course. There were other people waiting too for other exams and we had to wait in the waiting room until 8:30 on the dot. Everyone was stressed, no one made eye contact, haha.

My first DAT they let me start half an hour early. Probably depends on the testing site. The second time the check in computer wasn't working so we actually started five minutes late.