Will the blue big Kaplan oat book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZooZoo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What would you guys recommend I want to take the exam end of August will this big blue Kaplan book be the only good material to study because I am planning to only stick with this? Unless anyone else thinks I should also use other things. But will it be enough just to study this big blue Kaplan book and that's all ?!

Members don't see this ad.

Use Chad's videos for gen chem, orgo, and physics! And Kaplan book for biology, since Chad's videos don't have those completed. Also, a lot of people recommended me to use the OAT destroyer for practice problems. I hope this helps. :)

P.S. The reason why a lot of people don't just use the Kaplan book is that it's so dry and so detailed that it's easy to lose focus.

If you are a good reading learner than the Kaplan book might suffice. BUT regardless of whatever material you use to review the subjects covered in the OAT test, you should do LOTS of practice questions and practice exams! I'm going over Chad's videos right now for physics, ochem, and gen chem. I'll probably use chad for QR as well. Then I will go to my kaplan book and do the bio section. After that I plan on purchasing either the OAT destroyer OR the achiever to run through questions for at least 3 weeks straight. Lots of people say you learn as you do practice questions because when you get them wrong, you read why and then that knowledge sticks with you as well.

I used the Kaplan Book and Khan Academy, which is a good alternative to Chad's videos if you're trying to save money, but not as specific to the test as Chad's. I did pretty well, so it worked for me, but I did struggle some with physics. Those chapters were harder for me to get through, and I didn't do as well on the physics portion of the test (that could just mean I'm not that good with physics.)
Anyway, I would say that Kaplan is a great starting point, but try to look for other sources if there are things you aren't understanding very well.