Will the June MCAT delay my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

John Buster

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with score release and having an MCAT score be on hold? Can I still apply early in June and take the MCAT that month with a score to come out in July?

Thanks folks.

Members don't see this ad.

https://www.aamc.org/students/download/398880/data/mcat2015calendar.pdf

The link above is directly from AAMC website. It lists score release dates.

As far as applying in June goes, here's my advice:

If you have an old MCAT score, then you can certainly apply in June with your old score and also put that you will be taking it again in June. This allows your application to be verified pending your new score. If you do take it in June, then per the score release schedule your score will be released July 21. Therefore what I would do is try to time your application submission so that your score is released before your application is verified. (I did mine this way and I got lucky to the point that my application verification was completed exactly the same day as my new MCAT score was released.) Take a look at last cycle's verification thread. It Will give you a ball park idea of when to submit your app to have it be verified by your desire time frame.

If you do not have an old score, then I am afraid you will have to wait till you get your score, July 21, as you will not be able to submit your application without a MCAT score. Even then I think your application would not be considered late. You will be fine. I Submitted my application July 8th and was verified August 5. I have done well so far in the cycle so I dont think applying in July will be a deal breaker.

Hope this helps. Good luck with everything!

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone familiar with score release and having an MCAT score be on hold? Can I still apply early in June and take the MCAT that month with a score to come out in July?

Thanks folks.
Read this--------- https://www.aamc.org/students/apply...amcas_application_without_my_mcat_scores.html

If you won't be ready until June, take it in June but submit your AMCAS prior to then. AMCAS will still verify and send your application, but it will update MCAT score once it is received on July 21st.

I'm debating between May 22nd and the earliest June date. I'm wondering if the extra time I will get studying will be worth the slight delay in my application.

Thanks for your responses.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also planning on taking the June MCAT. Per other SDNers advice I am considering submitting my application without the score to 1 school at the beginning of June*. This will get the application verification process started so that when scores are released it will be a very short turn around to submit your app to other schools.

I would suggest you contact school admission officer to ask when they start screening process. July or August?

I am also planning on taking the June MCAT. Per other SDNers advice I am considering submitting my application without the score to 1 school at the beginning of June*. This will get the application verification process started so that when scores are released it will be a very short turn around to submit your app to other schools.

My plan as well. Submit early June, take mcat mid June, have score updated late July. If you read threads from this past application season, you will see many schools don't even send secondaries till late July.

Reactions: 1 users