William Carey University (WCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When I interviewed, I asked Emily and she said they were about half way filled! Don't be afraid to ask. That was just about two weeks ago, so I'm sure it's about the same if not a little over half now. Your chances are still good as ever in my opinion :)

Thank you for the reply! That makes me really happy because I really want to go here! Now if I can figure out how to scrap together the $3,000 deposit just in case lol

Members don't see this ad.

When I interviewed, I asked Emily and she said they were about half way filled! Don't be afraid to ask. That was just about two weeks ago, so I'm sure it's about the same if not a little over half now. Your chances are still good as ever in my opinion :)

Half way filled in April? I will be interesting to see the stats of the entering class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received a call from Dr. Weir earlier today..accepted..see you all this fall

No call for me today.

Congratulations to the rest of you! Now, relax and enjoy your summer! :D

Anyone else who interviewed last week dying to hear a decision? I realize that it's early, but I hate the waiting!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed last week 5/5 and have not heard anything either. Hopefully tomorrow morning! :claps:

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed a couple of week ago, and was deferred. I'm considering how to proceed from here. Can anyone offer any insight into why an applicant is deferred, what being deferred actually means in terms of chances, stats on the eventual acceptance for deferred students, etc.? I'm also trying to decide whether I should follow up...I'm considering an e-mail asking if there were any specific questions or concerns that I could address regarding my interview. Or should I just leave it alone? I don't want to appear annoying but I also don't want to miss an opportunity to 'correct myself' or show interest. Opinions?

Withdrew my acceptance to William Carey after I received an acceptance in state! Good luck to everyone and I hope someone enjoys my seat!

I interviewed a couple of week ago, and was deferred. I'm considering how to proceed from here. Can anyone offer any insight into why an applicant is deferred, what being deferred actually means in terms of chances, stats on the eventual acceptance for deferred students, etc.? I'm also trying to decide whether I should follow up...I'm considering an e-mail asking if there were any specific questions or concerns that I could address regarding my interview. Or should I just leave it alone? I don't want to appear annoying but I also don't want to miss an opportunity to 'correct myself' or show interest. Opinions?
Don't ever give up! I don't know the deferment process but anything you can do to show your desire to be a D.O. wouldn't hurt! Again, never give up! Best wishes!

Anyone know how to access the bookstore to start ordering supplies/scrubs/etc?

Thanks. I'm just way excited and want to get everything taken care of ASAP.

No problem! I was there last year. You guys will also be getting fliers from the student organizations at WCUCOM. I encourage you to participate!

Hi everyone,

I was accepted a little over a week ago, so excited! It'll take some time to be confirmed on the WCUCOM Class of 2018 Facebook page though.

I'm looking for a female roommate to share a 2 bed/2 bath apartment in the area. Looked through the apartment booklet they gave us and picked a few nice ones 5-15 minutes away from campus. Message me if you're interested! :)

Question: For OP&P, I know shorts/sports bras are required. Do they have to be those on the SAAO flyer that was included with the paperwork we have to fill out?

Question: For OP&P, I know shorts/sports bras are required. Do they have to be those on the SAAO flyer that was included with the paperwork we have to fill out?

No they do not have to be those.

Nope. The ones included in the SAAO flier are great, but they are not required at all. I do, however, suggest that you join SAAO. A lot of student found their weekly reviews very useful. They also do a mock practical for the first years so that they know what to expect.

Any one know how religious this school is?

The school itself is not necessarily religious. We do not have to attend church hours. At certain events, a prayer may be said.

Thank you! I am interested in applying to WCU that is why I was asking. Do you know if the ADCOMS are able to see each individual class the student has taken? (Ex. Biblical Studies or Evolution)

Thank you! I am interested in applying to WCU that is why I was asking. Do you know if the ADCOMS are able to see each individual class the student has taken? (Ex. Biblical Studies or Evolution)

Adcom will be able to see the title of every course you have taken. It will be reported to AACOMAS and on your transcripts.

Does anyone know if william carey is making any curriculum changes for the upcoming school year

Reactions: 1 user