Wingate...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andrewsmack05

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received anything from Wingate? I applied there earlier and submitted the supplemental but havent heard anything from them.

Thanks ahead of time,
Andrew

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my application in June. The last time I received an email from them was Aug. 27 regarding if I have taken Calculus (which I have but it doesnt say 'calculus' on my transcript; instead it says 'math analysis I'.)

I haven't heard anything from them either. I sent EVERYTHING in mid-August. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
they called me january 6th to set up an appointment for an interview on january 22nd.

Nope, I haven't received any news from them.

I received an interview invite for February 12 for Wingate. I got a call from them a week ago. My application was sent out in the beginning of December from PharmCAS if that helps anyone.

I received a phone call last Friday to set up an interview. I chose Jan 22. It is in the afternoon. They will send out the letters THAT day! So we will know very soon after the interview if accepted or not. I submitted all of my information in August, but I think it took them til mid-late October to receive my PCAT scores. I will let you know how the interview goes.

Hi there,

I applied this school and sent suppl appl. In Dec 1st 2009. They sent me a letter saying my application complete. If i am selected for interview, they will call me and the interview starts in Jan 2010.
I m still waiting for Wingate while i took interview at LECOM on Jan14yh 2010 and will go to USN next week

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, for those who already interviewed for Wingate, how was the interview process? who did you interview with? What kind of questions did they ask? How long did the interview last? Did you have to write and essay? Any feedback would be great. Thanks

Pharmcas fnished my app I believe mid-Dec and just got the call today! Yeah!:xf:

For those that attended the Jan 22 interview, please update as to when you receive your letter and what it says! What kind of envelope? Thick or thin? etc?!?!?!?
THanks!

Hi guys, I was wondering if you know any hotel near Wingate besides Best Western and Hampton Inn?

So excited, got an acceptance letter today!

congrats on your acceptance letter! im still waiting for the mail!!!! :xf:

my pharmcas gpa is a 3.38, pcat 80, no pharmacy experience but will have a bachelors in chemistry in may. hope that helps, good luck!

My stats:
-Bachelors in Biological Sciences GPA 3.0, I have been taking classes over for past 2 years - post GPA 3.6
-Worked all throughout Bachelors degree as a Tech
-After graduating, worked 3 years in pharmaceutical industry (FDA regulated facility)
-PCAT was not the greatest, in the 50s

They also rank you at the interview on two things: 1. You have a group discussion, where the Assistant Dean takes notes on your performance - so make sure and speak up and represent! 2. Your interview - which I thought was okay, but the interviewers will tell you something on the lines of "we do not have much time, so we will ask you questions, and we want you to just answer them." I felt like there was little room for elaboration or conversation. They have a Q&A session at the end of the day.

Hope this helps.

appalpharm - are you the student that currently goes to Wingate? If so, I am the one that was sitting on the ground talking to you before the Q&A.

nope not me, i dont go to wingate & was on a tour right before Q&A. i was the girl that asked the dean how doing rotations every semester worked around our class schedule (not that you probably remember who said that haha) anyways, i go to appalachian state. congrats on your acceptance :thumbup:

nope not me, i dont go to wingate & was on a tour right before Q&A. i was the girl that asked the dean how doing rotations every semester worked around our class schedule (not that you probably remember who said that haha) anyways, i go to appalachian state. congrats on your acceptance :thumbup:

Ha ha... I remember the question, but not the person... Congrats to you too! Keep me informed if you plan on going to Wingate. It is my top choice - besides Campbell(based on location alone) - but I still have yet to hear ANYTHING from them. I am planning on attending Wingate!!!

Hey everyone....got my acceptance letter in the mail today (2/17).....I had my interview on 2/12 and the letter was postmarked for 2/16...The post office was closed on Monday due to Presidents Day and I do live in the next town over so everyone in that group should expect to get some news by Friday. I hope everyone else gets the good news !!

yay! I got the acceptance letter today. I interviewed 2/19 :love:

:mad: I have my interview coming up in the next few weeks. I just found out that Wingate has a $2000 dollar deposit to hold your spot if your are accepted. I have just finished my first interview and still have 4 more to go before April. I hate to tie myself down to the school if I get accepted, especially since it is not my first or second choice and $2000 is a lot just to throw away. Is it just me or does that size deposit seem high compared to the others.

:mad: I have my interview coming up in the next few weeks. I just found out that Wingate has a $2000 dollar deposit to hold your spot if your are accepted. I have just finished my first interview and still have 4 more to go before April. I hate to tie myself down to the school if I get accepted, especially since it is not my first or second choice and $2000 is a lot just to throw away. Is it just me or does that size deposit seem high compared to the others.

I am debating this issue as well. I want to attend the interviews at other schools and see what they have to offer and I'm worried that if I don't pay the deposit, I will lose my seat. Does anyone know if the deposit is partially refundable?

I am debating this issue as well. I want to attend the interviews at other schools and see what they have to offer and I'm worried that if I don't pay the deposit, I will lose my seat. Does anyone know if the deposit is partially refundable?

no, its nonrefundable. you might want to call the school and ask for an extension, i dont know if they do that or if they do i dont know how much of an extension they will give you. $2000 is a lot (the most ive seen for a pharm school deposit) but i guess they just want to make sure that people who accept their seat are serious about their program. wingate was my first interview, i got accepted and still had other interviews to attend. luckily, i got accepted to another school a week after my wingate acceptance that had a wayyyyy lower deposit. still waiting on my first choice!

anyways, if it came down to it and i didn't hear back from that other school, i would have put down the $2000 at wingate, its not worth reapplying next year if i didn't get in anywhere else! they have a good program!

I was group 4 and got in too... congratulations! Not sure I can swing this deposit though...

I haven't gotten any calls or e-mail regarding interview/status at all from Wingate. All I got was the letter that say that they got all my stuff. I wonder what that means, since according to here, people got their interviews in Jan and Feb. :confused: