Winged Scapula

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hmmm..."ghetto fabulous"? I'm not sure about that. Looks like something more akin to hillbilly fabulous.
Without a doubt ghetto fabulous. I grew up around "hillbilly fabulous" and that ain't it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm..."ghetto fabulous"? I'm not sure about that. Looks like something more akin to hillbilly fabulous.
Chrome rims bigger than the car is ghetto. Hillbilly is when they jack the suspension up so high with ridiculous large tires (not wheel) you need a ladder to get in. Plus hillbilly is usually trucks.

Chrome rims bigger than the car is ghetto. Hillbilly is when they jack the suspension up so high with ridiculous large tires (not wheel) you need a ladder to get in. Plus hillbilly is usually trucks.

Hey @Kaustikos, not to derail this thread but I noticed your location says Always Bespin. Is Lando Calrissian still teaching How to Destroy a Space Station 1A?

the decision has been made

Last edited:
1516.jpg

LOL...ok. I'll take your word for it having grown up around neither.

Well, you have to live/drive by specific areas to see these things. If I stay in the north side of where I live, I only see Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, etc. East/West is where they're everywhere with stores that sell them. The hilarious part; the "deals" they offer with "financing".
Example:
a603_chrome10.jpg

These are only 26 inches... and the price? $3,000! Seen on these cars:
hqdefault.jpg

On a more serious note... there was this guy that I saw a couple times that owned this green lamborghini whom I've seen a couple times on highways in midwest....but I had no idea how fast it was until I saw this video:

(Fast forward to 3:35)
The car value:
$230,000
http://www.urmotors.com/vDisplay.php?StkNo=842991
(already sold)

I always cringe when I see people videotaping themselves doing that sort of thing on busy public roads, and then posting it on YouTube. And they did a lot of work on that Gallardo. I wonder how much he put into it and what his return on investment is.

I always cringe when I see people videotaping themselves doing that sort of thing on busy public roads, and then posting it on YouTube. And they did a lot of work on that Gallardo. I wonder how much he put into it and what his return on investment is.

You're forgetting where this video was taken. Its Indy. There's literally nothing else to do there :bored::bored::bored::bored::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::vamp::vamp::vamp::vamp:

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't condone nor endorse that. Yes, I've done it. I stopped years ago when a cop pulled me over. I wasn't racing but he made it clear what happens to your record if you do.

You can argue about harm to other people and I'll agree. But that feeling/moment when you're racing is intoxicating. You literally don't want to stop when you're neck and neck. But truth is: take it to the track. That's the reality.
It's embarrassing now when people try to race me and I'm literally pointing to my radar detector going off saying "how stupid are you?" and they still peel out like its fast n furious

Reactions: 1 user
So...
Did WS get a lambo or?
LOL...it took me a year to decide on a couch, I"m not gonna purchase a car that quickly.

But I'm leaning toward the Maserati (despite not having a hard top) vs Mercedes SL vs 911. A Lambo just isn't practical as a daily driver; maybe for grocery store runs, etc. :p

Reactions: 1 users
LOL...it took me a year to decide on a couch, I"m not gonna purchase a car that quickly.

But I'm leaning toward the Maserati (despite not having a hard top) vs Mercedes SL vs 911. A Lambo just isn't practical as a daily driver; maybe for grocery store runs, etc. :p

Negative a lot, most likely, unless he can find the right buyer. Modified supercars don't have that broad of a market appeal, and a lot of dealerships are reluctant to touch them, even for repairs.

Negative a lot, most likely, unless he can find the right buyer. Modified supercars don't have that broad of a market appeal, and a lot of dealerships are reluctant to touch them, even for repairs.

shut up Caseus Mac and Cheez, your secret dream is to own a fast and the furious car and race everyone on the streets who even LOOKS at you the wrong way...

I don't know why you wouldn't go for this.
2012-Ferrari-458-Spider-01.jpg

That would be my first thought with any modified supercar as well. I did follow the link @Kaustikos posted and saw what the asking price was, which is why I was wondering. Of course there is no guarantee the car actually sold for what's listed. There is always someone out there willing to part with his money though. Just wouldn't be me as far as modded supercars are concerned.

It's more a nightmare for the seller. Most realize they can't sell to dealers. But the annoyance, hardship and pain of selling privately is ridiculous. Selling my old Subaru sti was a headache. Guy buys it same day (idiot) and proceeds to contact me daily about complaints. After dumping money in a built engine, he demanded answers to questions I couldn't answer and to ask the shop.
And I'm not the only one. Ask people and see what they tell you. People only wanting to joy ride. People low-balling, people asking refunds because they can't afford it. Accusing them of lies.
So, there is definitely a market. Just don't be in a hurry to sell.
I agree about dealers. They'll give you 60% of the value tops because they know they'll eventually have to auction it. Which, imo, is the place to go if you're interested.

That would be my first thought with any modified supercar as well. I did follow the link @Kaustikos posted and saw what the asking price was, which is why I was wondering. Of course there is no guarantee the car actually sold for what's listed. There is always someone out there willing to part with his money though. Just wouldn't be me as far as modded supercars are concerned.
He wasn't in a hurry. He didn't get the asking price (always happens unless you own a classic rare car) but he was happy with the money.
The thing people assume is that you have the right to put the money spent on modifications as a reason to jack your price up. Which isn't even true at all.

Respectable. Best I've seen is a Ferrari parked outside downtown Conrad with plates "Gr8Wife"

Last edited:
I also liked the Ferrari I saw several years ago with a license plate that said " Our401K" and I also saw a Maserati that had "Does185"

thats good. dump the contents of your 401k into something that depreciates in value once you drive it off the lot, for the most part.

SOSMRT

thats good. dump the contents of your 401k into something that depreciates in value once you drive it off the lot, for the most part.

SOSMRT

There is literally nothing you can dump into nowadays that doesn't depreciate. Might as well buy a fast car and smuggle cocaine.

There is literally nothing you can dump into nowadays that doesn't depreciate. Might as well buy a fast car and smuggle cocaine.
Or figuratively

I am literally catching up on Archer as I read this. +1,000,000,000,000,000,000 points for @fancymylotus
Great season. Especially the final two episodes. You'll consult IR and ask why they're even needed lol

Though nothing tops Kenny Loggins making an appearance. That show makes me want to quit medicine and work for them.

I am literally catching up on Archer as I read this. +1,000,000,000,000,000,000 points for @fancymylotus

I didn't even know what archer was, started dating Kaus, was wondering where all these brilliant lines he was using were coming from and was so impressed that he was so witty all by himself, saw archer, and realized that none of it was original content!

@Winged Scapula

I think you should buy a pink Vespa
Then, whenever someone actually lets me get a Vespa, we can be x-country Vespa twins.
Vespa? I had a red one in college but now it sounds bad for my hair and shoes.I have an image to keep up.

Besides, have you ever been out west? This is the land of freeways and long driving distances; not really conducive to riding a scooter.

Vespa? I had a red one in college but now it sounds bad for my hair and shoes.I have an image to keep up.

Besides, have you ever been out west? This is the land of freeways and long driving distances; not really conducive to riding a scooter.

YOU HAD A VESPA. Unfair, I want one so badly. And are they really undriveable in heels?

YOU HAD A VESPA. Unfair, I want one so badly.

Then why don't you buy one?

Are they really undriveable in heels?

I suppose not (although I can't say I've ever tried). The issue would be my home and office/hospital are 25 miles of freeway driving each way; 117 degrees in the summer, etc.