Program-Specific Info / Q's Winston Salem State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bosh2112

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard about their application status/admission at Winston Salem State? I tried contacting the director and no reply.

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing yet. The ot at my job went there 3 years ago and said she didn't hear back until mid march :/

Wow that seems really late! @OTfaith2012 could you tell me what that OT thought of the program, location, etc? Any info would be much appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad :)
She said the program was great. She didn't live in Winston though, she lived in kernersville as far as location is concerned. She did say administration at the school sucks and you have to stay on top of all of your paperwork for the graduate school.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm really impatient with this whole waiting process. And I'm getting a little frustrated because 5 days later and still no response from WSSU...emailed and called both the director and the program assistant. Let me know if you hear anything! :)

Nothing yet. The ot at my job went there 3 years ago and said she didn't hear back until mid march :/

I'm so relieved to hear that! I am getting very anxious waiting to hear from WSSU as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the feedback! I'm really impatient with this whole waiting process. And I'm getting a little frustrated because 5 days later and still no response from WSSU...emailed and called both the director and the program assistant. Let me know if you hear anything! :)
WSSU is terrible with contact. She told me to email Dr. Edwards if I really needed to talk to someone. Good luck!

Is anyone from, or has anyone been to, Winston-Salem and/or the university? From what I've read online, it seems like a nice area, but I don't know much about it.

It's not bad; especially in the outlying areas. Greensboro and the Triangle are right down the road, the barbecue is great, and they have an awesome historic-Moravian district. Plus, it's the birthplace of Krispy Kreme! It also has a decent mall (Hanes Mall). Greensboro and Durham have done a better job moving forward with local restaurants and fare, but WS is not doing too bad.

Is anyone from, or has anyone been to, Winston-Salem and/or the university? From what I've read online, it seems like a nice area, but I don't know much about it.
I'm from Greensboro which is about 30 min and work in Winston. It's an alright area depending on where u go. The school is downtown.

I talked to Winston Salem today and they said letters are going out Next Monday and Tuesday. Was wondering if anyone was in the program now that could tell me what my chances are of getting in? PLEASE??

Reactions: 1 user
I talked to Winston Salem today and they said letters are going out Next Monday and Tuesday. Was wondering if anyone was in the program now that could tell me what my chances are of getting in? PLEASE??
Not sure about average scores or anything, but when I contacted them, they said they had over 500 applicants this year...crazy!

Not sure about average scores or anything, but when I contacted them, they said they had over 500 applicants this year...crazy!

Wow! Well they told me letters were going out end of the week and should arrive by early next week.. Fingers crossed

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys!
I got the email back in January that said they were reviewing applications and that it would take a little longer than usual for them to let us know about acceptances. Then at the end of January I got a email that said I was accepted! I put my deposit down and will be attending in the fall! I visited the campus a couple of weeks ago and the place was nice and the faculty seemed like they really cared about the students! :)

Just got an email saying I am on the waitlist! They will not release where people are on the list, though. They said they hope to have all the spots filled by the end of March. This means more waiting for me, but I am very happy to be on the list.

If we have not received anything from WSSU does that most likely mean that we were not accepted? Congrats to all of you accepted and on the waiting list! :)

Hey Guys!
I got the email back in January that said they were reviewing applications and that it would take a little longer than usual for them to let us know about acceptances. Then at the end of January I got a email that said I was accepted! I put my deposit down and will be attending in the fall! I visited the campus a couple of weeks ago and the place was nice and the faculty seemed like they really cared about the students! :)

Congrats, MarieOT! I'm on the waitlist. When did they tell you the deposit was due?

They gave me 10 days from when I received my acceptance letter. They told me late January and I received the letter one week later and sent in the deposit that week around February 10th. Congrats Alruss on getting on the waitlist. I hope you get in!!!

Congrats, MarieOT! I'm on the waitlist. When did they tell you the deposit was due?
Congrats Alruss! When/how did you find out you were on the waitlist? Best Wishes!!

Congrats Alruss! When/how did you find out you were on the waitlist? Best Wishes!!

They emailed on the 26th.

Whoa, MarieOT, they didn't give you long to decide! Did you apply to any other schools in NC?

They emailed on the 26th.

Whoa, MarieOT, they didn't give you long to decide! Did you apply to any other schools in NC?

Yeah but I have heard 7-12 days is typical for schools to give you time to decide so they can give quicker responses to other qualified applicants. At least that is what I have experienced thus far in the OT application cycle. Winston Salem was the only OT school in NC that I applied. Did you apply to others in NC?

Yeah but I have heard 7-12 days is typical for schools to give you time to decide so they can give quicker responses to other qualified applicants. At least that is what I have experienced thus far in the OT application cycle. Winston Salem was the only OT school in NC that I applied. Did you apply to others in NC?

The school I've been accepted to gave us 30 days and I'm so thankful for that! It gives me enough time to see if a spot opens up at WSSU and get a response from ECU. I also applied to UNC, but that was such a reach. I kind of knew I was wasting my money, but we live so close to Chapel Hill that I just had to try.