Wisconsin c/o 2016 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That email was a teaser, did they tell everyone to apply to fafsa?

Yep, seems that way. Bleh! :p

Members don't see this ad.

I know! I got so excited when I saw it, even though I knew it was too early to for admissions/rejections...

Officially, my IS (Illinois) will be the LAST school I hear anything from re: acceptance, it seems! :rolleyes: I thought Wisconsin would be the last.

On a side note, I've been semi-rejected by them before. I got a letter 5 years ago saying I had been rejected because I never filled out the supplemental application. Huge surprise, that one! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Officially, my IS (Illinois) will be the LAST school I hear anything from re: acceptance, it seems! :rolleyes: I thought Wisconsin would be the last.

On a side note, I've been semi-rejected by them before. I got a letter 5 years ago saying I had been rejected because I never filled out the supplemental application. Huge surprise, that one! :laugh:

That's a good reason to get rejected, at the very least! :p

I dropped my fall transcripts for Wisconsin in the mail tonight...hopefully we will all find out soon. Good luck everyone!

That email was a teaser, did they tell everyone to apply to fafsa?

Yes, and activate my NetID (which has been activated since 2005).

That e-mail seriously almost gave me a heart attack.

I was having a relatively easy time keeping myself emotionally unattached...until this email! Now that I've let my mind "go there," it's going to hurt so much worse if/when they reject me. Curse you, teaser email!!

Does anyone know if they update the link on the Supplemental Application page when they receive your transcripts? I live in Madison so they should only take a day to get there once mailed. I checked today on the Supp. page and it still said "N" for all my fall transcripts. I'm sure they are swamped but I'm paranoid!

I don't know if they update the supplemental website, so I just sent an email to Lynn Maki to verify that my transcripts were received.

Mine did change to "Y" that they received my Fall transcripts, they could just be swamped with transcripts.

Where do you guys and gals see the supplemental app link with transcript notices? I have been looking through my NET ID but I cant find my application status anywere

I used the link from the email they sent regarding completing the Supplemental Application that came out in November. It had a link and then a user name/password. The user name is different than the netid I have with Wisconsin.

hmmm, i double checked that email right now and mine doesnt have any link, user name or password, just basically said thanks for submitting your supplemental application and all that jazz

Members don't see this ad :)
The email was dated 11/3/2011. It was titled "Wisconsin Supplemental Application" (I think you are looking at the one that was sent when they received your supp. app). If you contacted Lynn Maki or the admissions office I bet they could send you the info. Sending you good vibes to get in!

Only about 3 more weeks of waiting..... c'mon, c'mon, c'mon. :eek:

I didn't think waiting could be any more excruciating but it is! I'm just trying to get to February without imploding.

Agreed, the waiting is tough to handle. We are so close to getting a reply....

I might die if I have to wait any longer :(

Does anyone know if we will be getting an email or an actual letter? I assumed email but I was re-reading the update email from the admissions office (because what else am I going to do?) and it said "Your letter will be mailed to your mail address shown here..."

Does anyone know if we will be getting an email or an actual letter? I assumed email but I was re-reading the update email from the admissions office (because what else am I going to do?) and it said "Your letter will be mailed to your mail address shown here..."

I looked at the SDN forum from last year and it sounded like people were getting a mix of phone calls and letters in the mail... but that might have depended on in-state versus out-of-state (I think OOS was phone calls and IS was letters).

Most likely you'll get a letter.

What is this deadline you speak of? Do they start notifying this soon?

Last year, the first acceptances were sent out around Feb 16th, so I am hoping that they will do the same this year. Plus the email from Lynn about when they would send out notices said middle/end of Feb.

ooh which email is this. Mine said notices will be sent by the end of march.....Now im excited and nervous. Im an OOS with not very great grades or much experience so im trying not to get my hopes up on being able to make it this yr.

Good Luck everyone:D
Last year, the first acceptances were sent out around Feb 16th, so I am hoping that they will do the same this year. Plus the email from Lynn about when they would send out notices said middle/end of Feb.

ooh which email is this. Mine said notices will be sent by the end of march.....Now im excited and nervous. Im an OOS with not very great grades or much experience so im trying not to get my hopes up on being able to make it this yr.

Good Luck everyone:D

It was in the email they sent back in the beginning of January to make sure everyone fills out a FAFSA. I am IS, so maybe when they send out acceptance letters is different, but last year OOS applicants were getting invites in the middle/end of Feb.

I found the email and now hoping that they do not send it while on on spring break. The letters going to my school.
It was in the email they sent back in the beginning of January to make sure everyone fills out a FAFSA. I am IS, so maybe when they send out acceptance letters is different, but last year OOS applicants were getting invites in the middle/end of Feb.

I'm OOS and the email I got said acceptances would go out mid/late Feb

1) OMG I had no idea that it would be that soon. About to pee my pants I'm so nervous
2) This is slightly unrelated but as far as filling out FAFSA apps goes, did you guys include parent's financial info? I mean, I haven't been considered a dependent for quite some time but there was a little side note saying that health professional students may want to include it. No explanation as to WHY though...

1) OMG I had no idea that it would be that soon. About to pee my pants I'm so nervous
2) This is slightly unrelated but as far as filling out FAFSA apps goes, did you guys include parent's financial info? I mean, I haven't been considered a dependent for quite some time but there was a little side note saying that health professional students may want to include it. No explanation as to WHY though...

If you are applying to other school's, there is a Health Professionals loan you may be eligible for, and you must include your parents' info for it. Also, some other schools require it. However, if you are just applying to Wisconsin, you don't need it because they don't require it and there is no Health Professionals loan here because our vet school was built after all that money was divvied up.

I just got a call about 30 minutes ago. Looks like they're starting to notify applicants of acceptances.

I got the acceptance call today too...wasn't expecting to get into Wisconsin at all considering I'm OOS and they have such a small class size!

Congrats!!!! :D do you know if they notify everyone by phone? I'm assuming they don't so does anyone know if we should be checking our email or mailbox???

in one of the email they sent us they said that notifications would go out to the address given below so i was assuming snail mail.

Yeah, that was my thought too. Are all the people getting phone calls OOS? That could have something to do with it...

Congrats to those who got in!!!

Also, I don't know about the rest of you but my heart is beating about 3 times as fast as it should be after hearing that people are getting contacted. I guess I won't be sleeping tonight...

They only call OOS'ers, so don't panic if you're an IS'er. You will get snail mail.

I think in the past some OOS'ers have gotten mail? Not sure why the discrepancy.

Good luck everybody, and congrats to y'all already accepted. My home town is great and they've got a wonderful vet school. :luck::love:

Reactions: 1 user
They only call OOS'ers, so don't panic if you're an IS'er. You will get snail mail.

I think in the past some OOS'ers have gotten mail? Not sure why the discrepancy.

Good luck everybody, and congrats to y'all already accepted. My home town is great and they've got a wonderful vet school. :luck::love:

Lol, can I panic if I'm an OOSer? I didn't think I was going to get in, just wondering...

Oh dear God thank you for writing that! My heart was pounding so fast! Okay, I'll just have to wait for my snail mail. Breathe Molly.... Breathe.

Lol, can I panic if I'm an OOSer? I didn't think I was going to get in, just wondering...

No! I think they do a little bit of "priority calling", if you know what I mean... since some OOSers have gotten mail before (like 80% sure). I was an ISer so ignored a lot of that shenanigans last year.

And I have my fingers crossed for you Molly! :)

Just checked out C/O 2015 acceptance thread and there were OOS that received calls and snail mail - so it's a combo - so everyone hang in there - still plenty of time left to hear

Good luck everyone!

And congrats to those that received calls!!

Really? Wouldn't that be almost 9 PM Wisconsin time? Yikes!

That's what I thought. It was like almost 8 here in AZ. I was kind of wondering why the call came so late in the day. The guy that called (I can't remember his name) was super nice and we talked for like 10 minutes about the school too. He didn't seem to rush the call at all, meaning if they are making phone calls it might take them a little longer

I wouldn't. Like had been said they are also sending out letters, and as far as I know not very many people have been called yet anyway. :xf: for you

...Good luck everybody, and congrats to y'all already accepted. My home town is great and they've got a wonderful vet school. :luck::love:

Thanks. I'll be visiting towards the end of March to check out the school.

No! I think they do a little bit of "priority calling", if you know what I mean... since some OOSers have gotten mail before (like 80% sure). I was an ISer so ignored a lot of that shenanigans last year.

And I have my fingers crossed for you Molly! :)

Thanks! You've been such calming influence, I think I would have exploded with anxiety without your advice :)

Just ran home, no letters in the mail today. :(

I have a feeling that we will be getting them at the beginning of next week (last year IS applicants were mailed letters a few days after the OSS applicants got phone calls)..... only a few more days.... be patient. :)

PS - I still have yet to stop by the path lab, but next time I drop off a blood sample I will.

I have a feeling that we will be getting them at the beginning of next week (last year IS applicants were mailed letters a few days after the OSS applicants got phone calls)..... only a few more days.... be patient. :)

PS - I still have yet to stop by the path lab, but next time I drop off a blood sample I will.

I have a feeling the wait might be a little longer than that, but I guarantee they are working as fast as they can. So, you can go back to walking to the mailbox... unless of course you need the exercise.

Last edited:

Good! I was so sad last time when you were sick!

Even if there are still a few days... I will probably continue to run to the mailbox. Not only am I neurotic but, yes, I do need the exercise ;)

I knew I shouldn't have checked this thread. STILL no mail. I think I am having a legit heart attack right now.