Wisconsin c/o 2016 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I knew I shouldn't have checked this thread. STILL no mail. I think I am having a legit heart attack right now.

Don't! No one else has gotten any mail yet, either! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Don't! No one else has gotten any mail yet, either! :)

Agreed. I was told I'd be getting information in the mail, but nothing yet. (I've also been checking every day. I'm a little OCD)

Members don't see this ad :)
This is my first post! I should be sleeping but instead I'm obsessing about when we will be notified. I'm IS, but also applied to MN and didn't get an interview so I feel a little defeated. I think it might be another week until we hear anything based on my "research". Now I'm going to force myself to go to sleep!

Agreed. I was told I'd be getting information in the mail, but nothing yet. (I've also been checking every day. I'm a little OCD)

Yes, but you were lucky enough to already get a very happy phone call, so less sympathy for you.

I can guarantee that the mail will not be coming this week. It will also likely not be coming next week. The official word is the end of February.

I can guarantee that the mail will not be coming this week. It will also likely not be coming next week. The official word is the end of February.

You're killing me! But thanks for the info. There just isn't enough valium in the world to get me through the next two to three weeks. :scared:

Do you know anything about envelope size? Is there a big envelope and a small envelope depending on acceptance?

This makes me very unhappy. Ill be on spring break so ill havetowait another week to have mail.

I just got "the call" and I've been accepted! Dr. Steven Johnson called with the news. We talked for a good 12 minutes or so about the school and my interests. It was a very nice conversation. He told me there will be a vet school open house on Friday, March 23rd. I'm excited to check out the school and the town of Madison.

I've been following this thread and assumed I wouldn't hear anything until next week or so. Wow, I'm still in shock I got in to Wisconsin.

Congrats!!! Hopefully my call is next :)

Who are your sources?! I must exploit them!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lynn Maki is a friend of mine. I usually say hi to her everyday, and she is the one sending out the letters. So I can tell you that they have not been sent yet. She is working her butt off though to get them out as soon as possible, but she won't have them done until the end of February.

P.S. Calling her to try and figure out your admission status doesn't work. People call every year, but you have to just wait for your letter (or phone call if you happen to be one of the OOS people who gets a call).

Lynn Maki is a friend of mine. I usually say hi to her everyday, and she is the one sending out the letters. So I can tell you that they have not been sent yet. She is working her butt off though to get them out as soon as possible, but she won't have them done until the end of February.

P.S. Calling her to try and figure out your admission status doesn't work. People call every year, but you have to just wait for your letter (or phone call if you happen to be one of the OOS people who gets a call).

So its a definite that not all OOSrs get phone calls?

I haven't actually asked, but that is the way it has been every year. No need to worry yet. Take a deep breath and find something else to focus on for a few more days.

Damn, that is a pretty legit source. Okay, I will cool my jets for a bit :oops:

Unfortunately, my WI rejection letter arrived in the mail today. Thought I'd give everyone a little heads up that some letters are starting to hit the mail. I'm an IS applicant.

Best of luck to everyone else :thumbup:

Unfortunately, my WI rejection letter arrived in the mail today. Thought I'd give everyone a little heads up that some letters are starting to hit the mail. I'm an IS applicant.

Best of luck to everyone else :thumbup:

So sorry to hear that. I hope youve had other luck from other schools.

My rejection came today too and I'm IS. Out of luck this year...

I'm sorry guys. :(

Last year was rough for a lot of people! I have a few classmates here at Mizzou who didn't get into WI as ISers. A few other folks ended up at other schools, so don't lose hope! For whatever reason, WI misses out on a few great IS'ers every year.

Just got my official acceptance in the mail!!!!

I am an in-state applicant, so letters are officially going out for in-staters!!!!!!

I can't wait to meet my fellow classmates!!!!! :soexcited:

Just got my official acceptance in the mail!!!!

I am an in-state applicant, so letters are officially going out for in-staters!!!!!!

I can't wait to meet my fellow classmates!!!!! :soexcited:

ME TOO KATE! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! WE'RE CLASSMATES!!!!!!:soexcited:

Yay! Glad to see the good news for both of you. :)

Hope you have lovely celebration plans, because you deserve it! :D

So if we are OOS and did not receive a phone call, does that mean the rejection is coming in the mail?? Anyone know anything about OOS notifications?

So if we are OOS and did not receive a phone call, does that mean the rejection is coming in the mail?? Anyone know anything about OOS notifications?

Not necessarily. If you look back a few posts, every year OOS people get a combo of calls and letters. :)

congrats everyone who got in. did you receive a letter or a package?

I just want to say something to all of the in state applicants who received a Wisconsin rejection letter.... don't give up hope. I did not get in to Wisconsin as an in state applicant but I was accepted at Minnesota as an out of state applicant. There is truly no rhyme or reason for who gets in where. Leave it in God's hands. Just because Wisconsin is no longer an option does NOT mean that veterinary school isn't an option. I wish everyone the best of luck in getting an acceptance somewhere.

Any ISers turning down seats? I'm on the waitlist. My letter said last year they accepted 15 off the waitlist, and I'm lower than that...but that was a high year so....I dunno. Anyone who offers hope shall receive a virtual cookie.

Last edited:
Well, it's a federal holiday today...no mail. Us OOSers who didn't receive a phone call are just going to have to suffer through an extra day of waiting.

I might eat my hand.

Well, it's a federal holiday today...no mail. Us OOSers who didn't receive a phone call are just going to have to suffer through an extra day of waiting.

I might eat my hand.

Oh no!! to both those comments. keep in mind you need your hands to check the mail.

Wow. I got a call on Friday that I've been accepted OOS to Wisconsin. I'm in absolute shock. I moved to Colorado to get residency here, and didn't really consider that I'd get in anywhere else. Now the question is where should I go???? I look forward to meeting some of you in March. Can't wait to visit Madison.

Augh! Why couldn't the mailman have come at his normal time today?!?!?!

Instead of knowing the prognosis for Wisconsin, I'm stuck at work all night wondering if there's good or bad news chillin' in my mailbox at home! :mad: Poo. :laugh:

Sorry, Nodicat. But at least you know your mailman will show up. Mine tends to only deliver mail three times a week; and today apparently was not one of those days (fed holiday probably didn't help). Thus, lucky me gets to stew for at least a day or two more. What's bugging me is that, for some reason, the 'no news' has zapped any motivation I had to do anything right out of me. So, instead I'm sitting on my butt making my day off a true 'Fat Tuesday'.

I'll keep my :xf: you go home to good news!!!! :luck::luck:

Just got my rejection letter. I'm telling myself that I can't be too disappointed because I'm already in at Minnesota and Kansas and I have an interview at Davis next week. But wow, just now I realized I wanted Wisconsin more than I thought (with tuition playing a large role). I have been a California resident for 10 years but graduated from Wisconsin high school and my parents still live there, so I was considered a WI in-state applicant as well.

I just reread this and do realize I sound like a jerk because I've gotten in to other schools.

Last edited:
Saw the mail truck and went down to the box... The thin envelope of doom has arrived. Just love that they say that my rejection will not compromise any future applications. Future applications? Been rejected three times even though I used to work for these people. Are they insane?!? Apparently...

OK, back to wallowing in my self pity given that this was pretty much my last hope with UPenn having taken a vow of silence and OK having 600+ OOS apps.

However, congrats to those of you accepted or wait listed. The UW is an awesome school and Madison is one great town (see my comments in the vet school towns thread). Best of luck to you all!

I'm a non-resident alternate, w/an alternate rank of 13. They advised in their letter that in the past years, they have accepted 25-85 alternates.

I'm so scared to take this as good news....but based on what they've told me, it seems like good news? Any thoughts anyone would like to contribute?

I'm a non-resident alternate, w/an alternate rank of 13. They advised in their letter that in the past years, they have accepted 25-85 alternates.

I'm so scared to take this as good news....but based on what they've told me, it seems like good news? Any thoughts anyone would like to contribute?

Wait listing is good in that you still have a chance of getting in. But in all honestly, it's also kind pf torture. You're in for a long couple of months. I'm not trying to make it sound horrible, just being realistic. I was on 4 of them last year (#2 on one of them) and I didn't make it off anywhere. And maybe part of my harsh perspective is because I had false hope for this application round. I ended up getting rejected from the schools I was wait listed at. It's obviously not that situation for everyone since a number of people get off the wait list, so don't give up hope and hopefully your patience will pay off. But seriously, be proud of being on the wait list since Wisconsin takes so few of OOS people.

Wow. I got a call on Friday that I've been accepted OOS to Wisconsin. I'm in absolute shock. I moved to Colorado to get residency here, and didn't really consider that I'd get in anywhere else. Now the question is where should I go???? I look forward to meeting some of you in March. Can't wait to visit Madison.

Congrats, Rainsoup! I'll probably see you in March! I can't wait to see the school and check out the town of Madison.

Just joined, not sure what prompted me to do so now when I've been following for months... OS and waitlisted today. more anxious waiting, but not giving up hope :)

Just joined, not sure what prompted me to do so now when I've been following for months... OS and waitlisted today. more anxious waiting, but not giving up hope :)

I'm waitlisted also! What's your "alternate rank," if you don't mind my asking?

I'm ranked #26 on the OOS waitlist.

Looks like I'll be holding on to my much-covetted #72 on the waitlist. I'm also waitlisted at Iowa and I have an interview at Davis at the end of the month. Until I get a solid offer, I'm gonna surf the waitlist waves.

Small glich: I have to take one more class to even qualify for UW admission. We'll see what happens. :oops: