Wisconsin c/o 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@LadyOtheFarm , we should just get married now.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going to pretend they only gave the supplemental to their favorites, so it feels like there is SOME payoff for all our hard work... :p

Can't wait to figure out how being a slightly older middle class white woman fits into 'diverse,' though. I like big goats, and I cannot lie?
I spend 24 hours trying to come up with SOMETHING before remembering that I grew up with a deaf mother when I was skyping with her for advice. I think that might be good to include. Sometimes you just forget what makes your experiences unique? It doesn't have to be big, just personal to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll have to be my second hubby. We're totally almost close enough to make that work... wanna be a weekend husband?

Staying up to the break of dawn making god awful farm animal parodies of oldschool rap songs sounds far too risqué. I don't think he'd approve.

Got a supplemental!

Is anyone else struggling with this supplemental. Considering I submitted my application in September nothing has really changed for me. I suppose I have learned more from my job but for the experiences questions nothing has changed for me. I work and netflix so.

Got a supplemental!

Did they come in multiple batches?

Is anyone else struggling with this supplemental. Considering I submitted my application in September nothing has really changed for me. I suppose I have learned more from my job but for the experiences questions nothing has changed for me. I work and netflix so.

I did start a new job, and I suppose I could update farm hours... no idea how to write it all up though. I guess they give you a frame work... but still... :shrug:

All the other questions: the PhD program essay will require some research, why I'm diverse (dear lord, too much to write, but how much would help?)...

I honestly don't have much time to work on this and I'm having a lot of trouble getting beyond a rough outline. There is just too much to do.:(

I am sure you all will do wonderful. @LadyOtheFarm, Don't get too carried away with your diversness; give us all a chance. ;)

Did they come in multiple batches?
I don't know if they did. Seems like people got them around the same time and its got a lengthy timeline which I appreciate because finals are this next week for me.

Mine is due the 2nd and I have barely worked on it.

Mine is due the 9th I didn't realize they sent out multiple batches.

Mine is due the 2nd and I have barely worked on it.

Mine is due the 9th and I haven't even started. I was so good about the rest of my VMCAS too. Well....back to senioritising and doing nothing this weekend :p.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know Wisconsin has said they will let everyone know about admission by March, but do they tend to inform you of acceptance earlier? What has been the normal timing for years in the past? I just find it hard to believe that they notify everyone so late, when the April decision deadline is so soon after March.

Last year it seems like the first person got the call mid-February, so it seems like the "by March" deadline is pretty accurate. I feel like a lot of schools let you know mid-late February and you still have a month to two months before the deadline so it seems like a pretty adequate amount of time to me. It's a little weirder to me since they don't interview and it takes that long (I know Cornell and Colorado notify early January and late December), but oh well! Seems like we have quite a wait ahead of us.

Everyone that applied gets the supplemental application. Due soon!!! Don't have anything new to add either.. ugh

So, don't know if I'm an idiot or a crazy genius...
The December 2 deadline was apparently what I told my husband and convinced myself of so I wouldn't be late...
Which is good because I'm still working on it...

Sorry to freak people out (or maybe that was just me?)

So, don't know if I'm an idiot or a crazy genius...
The December 2 deadline was apparently what I told my husband and convinced myself of so I wouldn't be late...
Which is good because I'm still working on it...

Sorry to freak people out (or maybe that was just me?)
Genius.

Hey peoples,

My supplemental's due tomorrow. I can only answer 1 essay, and just finished it. Anyone care to read it over and tell me what you think? It's only 2,931 characters, so not long, but I believe it's impactful.

Hey peoples,

My supplemental's due tomorrow. I can only answer 1 essay, and just finished it. Anyone care to read it over and tell me what you think? It's only 2,931 characters, so not long, but I believe it's impactful.

I wish I had seen this sooner, I would have reviewed your essay. I will be at work past the deadline. Good luck! I am sure it's great.

Get those applications turned in ya'll. ! Anyone have celebration plans!?

If you are still slacking, I finally replied... last minute edits and submit in 20 minutes... I hope! Moving, losing phone, kids, work... just not the week to be working on this!

Well guys and gals...

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!

(Nah nah nah nahhh! Nanah nu nah nah!)

Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 3 users
Now we have to wait 3+ months for a response! Well, I'm all done with vet school apps. That was quite a long process, but I made it!

Reactions: 2 users
Also submitted this afternoon. Really annoying to have it due during final exams, but that's my fault for not getting to it earlier haha. I'm so relieved to be completely done with my applications now :)

I'm surprised more people aren't a part of this thread. Should we have a forum party or something?

No, what is a forum party?
I'm not entirely sure myself, but let's make it happen.

Also, I think most schools (probably other than the overseas schools) get more than 1,000+ applicants....

So, Wisconsin is my last shot. Anybody wanna remind me when doom, I mean good news, arrives?

I am pretty sure Mid-february are when acceptances come out. Could be later though.

Oh and @LadyOtheFarm , Wisconsin is my last hope too (granted the only school I applied to, but last chance!).

So, Wisconsin is my last shot. Anybody wanna remind me when doom, I mean good news, arrives?

In the confirmation email I got after submitting my supplemental they said they would inform us of our status by the end of March. Three months to go!

In the confirmation email I got after submitting my supplemental they said they would inform us of our status by the end of March. Three months to go!

I think that the end of March is when the alternates will have been finalized. I am pretty sure mid-February is when they send out the initial decisions.

I think that the end of March is when the alternates will have been finalized. I am pretty sure mid-February is when they send out the initial decisions.
Correct- We find out in February

Ranked Alternates will be given out the same time as acceptances and rejections (at least that's how they did OOS a few years ago). This was mid-late Feb, and some OOS acceptances was notified by phone, everyone else found out through snail mail. Waitlist will probably start moving around the national deadline (April 15th), and go until they fill the class (which can be right up until school starts in August, for example they personally called me the last week of July).

Ranked Alternates will be given out the same time as acceptances and rejections (at least that's how they did OOS a few years ago). This was mid-late Feb, and some OOS acceptances was notified by phone, everyone else found out through snail mail. Waitlist will probably start moving around the national deadline (April 15th), and go until they fill the class (which can be right up until school starts in August, for example they personally called me the last week of July).
What OOS alternate position # were you?

What OOS alternate position # were you?
I was 85! I believe my year they stated on the waitlist letter that going through 25-85 is "normal" for OOS, and I know at least #86 was contacted since I declined my position.

I was 85! I believe my year they stated on the waitlist letter that going through 25-85 is "normal" for OOS, and I know at least #86 was contacted since I declined my position.
If you think about it, the statistics for OOS acceptances is much higher than what is suggested on their website. By nearly triple.

If you think about it, the statistics for OOS acceptances is much higher than what is suggested on their website. By nearly triple.
I believe what they have on their website is their "matriculated" statistics, not just acceptances. In reality I would wager just about every single vet school accepts a bit to way more than matriculated, at least for OOS students.

I believe what they have on their website is their "matriculated" statistics, not just acceptances. In reality I would wager just about every single vet school accepts a bit to way more than matriculated, at least for OOS students.
Either way you slice the pie, the statistics they publish on their website are misleading. For Wisconsin's class of 2019 28 OOS students matriculated, but we know that 100+ OOS applicants were offered seats. That dramatically changes the official statistic.

Either way you slice the pie, the statistics they publish on their website are misleading. For Wisconsin's class of 2019 28 OOS students matriculated, but we know that 100+ OOS applicants were offered seats. That dramatically changes the official statistic.
Also, the number of female applicants far outnumber the number of male applicants. To be honest I never realized this.

Also, the number of female applicants far outnumber the number of male applicants. To be honest I never realized this.
Not at Wisconsin, but I was the only male in the 20 person interview group I did last.

Surprisingly its been this way for quite sometime at WI.
I would be curious to know how many females vs. males within IS vs. OOS.

does anyone have an idea of when we should be hearing back based on previous years?