Wisconsin c/o 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
U
does anyone have an idea of when we should be hearing back based on previous years?
Usually around the end of Feb.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also is it true they only do phone calls and snail mail? No emails?

last years group started to receive phone call acceptances on February 18th

Phone calls started Feb. 16th and went through the 19th for acceptances it seems. And then letters started getting in the 23rd.

Reactions: 1 user
Does everyone who is accepted get a phone call? I'd rather stare at my phone than stalk my mail carrier :p

I'm pretty sure that last year they only called some of the people that got accepted and that they did it over a week time period. Others simply received their acceptances in the mail.

Have people followed up to make sure their transcripts were received or will they let us know or should I just assume unless they say anything? The deadline is coming up this week I believe.

Have people followed up to make sure their transcripts were received or will they let us know or should I just assume unless they say anything? The deadline is coming up this week I believe.

I followed up, but I don't think they send anything if they were received.

Has anybody else not been able to get on to the supplemental? When I click on the links from the school's emails to get to it, it automatically redirects me to the FAQ page instead (specifically to this URL: http://www.vetmed.wisc.edu/dvm-students/prospective-students/faqs/#decision). Lol I just wanted to double check what mailing address I put on the application - guess I'll just send the school an email with the correct address to confirm.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody else not been able to get on to the supplemental? When I click on the links from the school's emails to get to it, it automatically redirects me to the FAQ page instead (specifically to this URL: http://www.vetmed.wisc.edu/dvm-students/prospective-students/faqs/#decision). Lol I just wanted to double check what mailing address I put on the application - guess I'll just send the school an email with the correct address to confirm.
I guess I need to do this too, what with moving and all. Adding to the mental to do list...

My check for application fees never went through here--did anyone else have this issue?

Hey there!

Just 2-3 more weeks (hopefully!) till some lucky folks get their acceptances! :D

I'm posting as a current first year who is looking for a roommate for the coming year. The apartment is a 25-ish minute bus ride to the school, and rent is attractive! I have a very playful kitty who would also love a feline friend (cats are welcome but the landlord does not allow dogs). Keep me in mind when you get your acceptances, and PM me for details!

Best of luck!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey there!

Just 2-3 more weeks (hopefully!) till some lucky folks get their acceptances! :D

I'm posting as a current first year who is looking for a roommate for the coming year. The apartment is a 25-ish minute bus ride to the school, and rent is attractive! I have a very playful kitty who would also love a feline friend (cats are welcome but the landlord does not allow dogs). Keep me in mind when you get your acceptances, and PM me for details!

Best of luck!! :)
Are you East or West side? What neighborhood? I'm just curious; I live on the East side close to Ella's Deli.

BeamingLight,

I'm on the East Side, Lakewood Gardens, in between Sherman Ave and Fordem! Not sure where Ella's Deli is because I don't get out a whole lot, hehe. :D

BeamingLight,

I'm on the East Side, Lakewood Gardens, in between Sherman Ave and Fordem! Not sure where Ella's Deli is because I don't get out a whole lot, hehe. :D
Nice. Close to Mendota?

Nice. Close to Mendota?

Just a two minute walk from the pier at Tenney Park. It's lovely! I enjoy living here and would really like to fill the second bedroom for next year, because man is it hard to find something nice (especially with a cat and a car) on a budget!

Just a two minute walk from the pier at Tenney Park. It's lovely! I enjoy living here and would really like to fill the second bedroom for next year, because man is it hard to find something nice (especially with a cat and a car) on a budget!
Nice. I like that area because it's more secluded. Hidden from the "big city" of Madison. Good luck finding a roommate.

Nice. I like that area because it's more secluded. Hidden from the "big city" of Madison. Good luck finding a roommate.

Hehe, I feel like that was almost a sarcastic "good luck" because it IS a tad secluded, LOL. Close enough to everything by bike, car, or bus, so it suits me just fine. :) I would hate to have to leave!

Hehe, I feel like that was almost a sarcastic "good luck" because it IS a tad secluded, LOL. Close enough to everything by bike, car, or bus, so it suits me just fine. :) I would hate to have to leave!
hahaha. It definitely seems sarcastic now that I re-read the statement. Good luck finding a roommate! is that better?

Ahhh! It's almost time to hear from them. Every time this thread sends me a notification I get more nervous! Don't stop talking, just giggle when you think about how many pre vets just had their hearts jump into their throat with every sentence...

Ahhh! It's almost time to hear from them. Every time this thread sends me a notification I get more nervous! Don't stop talking, just giggle when you think about how many pre vets just had their hearts jump into their throat with every sentence...
I would expect to not hear until the week after this week. OH Oh oH OH I'm so nervous!

I actually WAS thinking that our chatting must have been setting y'all off. Sorry bout that XD

A word of caution: don't get too obsessed over this thread once people start posting about getting phone calls. I was an absolute menace to my family and boyfriend when I saw that a few posters here had received phone calls and it had been 3 days and I hadn't. Every time my phone would ring I would jump and then see it was "only" my boyfriend and get a bit flustered. Don't do that. :D Do realize you may get a phone call days after others get theirs, or you may not get a call at all and just get the nice brown envelope!

Now to rile you lot back up... I've heard directly from a committee member that they had to have applicants back to the office by this past Thursday (2/4), so they're probably finalizing applications this week and next. No idea when acceptances go out though! Mine was third week of Feb.

Good luck! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I actually WAS thinking that our chatting must have been setting y'all off. Sorry bout that XD

A word of caution: don't get too obsessed over this thread once people start posting about getting phone calls. I was an absolute menace to my family and boyfriend when I saw that a few posters here had received phone calls and it had been 3 days and I hadn't. Every time my phone would ring I would jump and then see it was "only" my boyfriend and get a bit flustered. Don't do that. :D Do realize you may get a phone call days after others get theirs, or you may not get a call at all and just get the nice brown envelope!

Now to rile you lot back up... I've heard directly from a committee member that they had to have applicants back to the office by this past Thursday (2/4), so they're probably finalizing applications this week and next. No idea when acceptances go out though! Mine was third week of Feb.

No worries about triggering, I'm just happy you are talking on here still and giving us someone to advise us as we move forward! I was more giggling at my response to it than saying anything about you;)

Thanks for the heads up too! Now I'll really be jumping!:p:D-->:nailbiting:/:xf:

Hey I was just wondering what you meant when you said "they had to have applicants back to the office bythis past Thursday (2/4)"? Did they end up interviewing some applicants they were not sure about or do you mean they had to have their decisions about applicants in by 2/4)?

Oh, and what's the Wisconsin area code I should be hoping to see on my phone?

OOPS, so sorry, that should have been "applications" not "applicants"! Ahh, we have two exams this week, so my tired brain is showing!

The area code to look for is 608. I had my phone on silent behind my computer at work and was just sitting there when there was a lull in clients, and up pops a 608 number. I just about died.

ALSO should mention that it's only OOSers who get phone calls, for some reason...

Do they email rejections and just call acceptance and wait list people like most other schools?

Hey guys, quick question about residency status and admissions, if anyone knows any details I would be much obliged. Basically, I graduated high school in WI and have my parents still living in WI, though I went to MN and currently live in MN. I filled out a record of residency form to determine residency status, and I was wondering what exactly that meant. Is it just for tuition purposes, or does it also affect my status for admissions criteria, ie in state versus OOS? Kinda of an esoteric question, but I haven't been able to get a straight answer.

Thanks!

Purdue does I'm pretty sure
I think purdue only calls accepted people. All else are e-mailed. Then if you're taken off the wait list, you get called after April 15th.

I haven't heard of any school calling a person that was wait-listed...

Okay well not really the point of my question anyways
Based on GrizzlyMaya3's post above it sounds like accepted students will either get a call + envelope or just an envelope!

@Allik11 The general theme of UW is that they like to do things by paper, so I think rejected applicants get a letter but I didn't know anyone who applied to UW except for me, so I honestly don't know how they handle that.

@ahhbros One of my good friends here went to high school in WI, then went to Utah for undergrad while her mom stayed in WI, and she was able to get in-state tuition somehow. Not sure how this works with UW other than that they're pretty strict (if you're living here just to attend school you're not eligible for in-state, like some schools that allow you to claim residency after a year).

@superkelpie Yep, you've got it! Sorry if that wasn't clear to others. My brain is divided between a million things this week, so every day tasks become fuzzy. The other day I meant to make pasta to go with some meat sauce I had in the freezer, and I made rice instead. LOL.

Yeah Griz, it is a little convoluted, but as far as I understand it, those two criteria allow for in state tuition. Just wanted to confirm with someone who might be well versed in that area.

@Allik11 The general theme of UW is that they like to do things by paper, so I think rejected applicants get a letter but I didn't know anyone who applied to UW except for me, so I honestly don't know how they handle that.

@ahhbros One of my good friends here went to high school in WI, then went to Utah for undergrad while her mom stayed in WI, and she was able to get in-state tuition somehow. Not sure how this works with UW other than that they're pretty strict (if you're living here just to attend school you're not eligible for in-state, like some schools that allow you to claim residency after a year).

@superkelpie Yep, you've got it! Sorry if that wasn't clear to others. My brain is divided between a million things this week, so every day tasks become fuzzy. The other day I meant to make pasta to go with some meat sauce I had in the freezer, and I made rice instead. LOL.
Thanks for the info. I checked out last year's page and yes they do snail mail rejections. Last year people got them the last week of February.

so, this afternoon i got a call from a number i didn't recognize. answered, heard a pleasant woman's voice say "Can I speak with [my first name]?" and then got disconnected. i googled the area code and it was WISCONSIN so i promptly freaked out, waited a few minutes to see if they called back, then called the number myself. It was a telemarketer :( AAARGH!

Reactions: 8 users
so, this afternoon i got a call from a number i didn't recognize. answered, heard a pleasant woman's voice say "Can I speak with [my first name]?" and then got disconnected. i googled the area code and it was WISCONSIN so i promptly freaked out, waited a few minutes to see if they called back, then called the number myself. It was a telemarketer :( AAARGH!

That sounds so awful!

Do you think calls will start going out today...? Last year someone got a call on the 16th, which was a Monday.
It's a holiday today! So I doubt calls will go out today! :/

Darn :/. I was just wondering because some schools by me are still open with classes! Wasn't sure if Wisconsin was open or closed today :shrug:

They weren't closed and did call on Presidents' day last year in the evening (according to last years thread). They didn't mail out letters though for about a week.

Last edited:
They weren't closed and did call on President's day last year in the evening (according to last years thread). They didn't mail out letters though for about a week though.
Oh that's good to know! Hopfully people start to hear today. They probably mail stuff towards the end of this week and we will get news in the mail next week!

Oh that's good to know! Hopfully people start to hear today. They probably mail stuff towards the end of this week and we will get news in the mail next week!
So do we know for sure if everyone (accepted, denied, waitlisted) are all getting letters then?