Wisconsin c/o 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to you guys who got accepted (or are high on the alternate list)!!! I just checked my mail and had a rejection letter, but I'm not totally surprised.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone who's been accepted! :) Still waiting on my letter, hoping it'll come tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!!! OOS (did not get a phone call) :soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
23 on the wait list, I'll take it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I got waitlisted #19 IS. Probably time to start making some summer plans and get ready for the next cycle. Congrads to everyone that made it though!

I got waitlisted #19 IS. Probably time to start making some summer plans and get ready for the next cycle. Congrads to everyone that made it though!
I'd have assumed you have a really good chance even IS at 19?

I'd have assumed you have a really good chance even IS at 19?

Unfortunately not, IS lists move a ton less than OOS lists. In the letter they said they took 6 IS off the list last year and I think their record was 15.

Alternate list, OOS #150. I'm pretty disappointed I have to wait at least another year, but at least this time I will be applying IS which may save me money in the long haul. Congratulations to everyone who was awarded a seat and maybe I'll see you there in the future!

Accepted OOS! Did not get a phone call either but oh well... will give up my seat to attend in-state =DDD And will do so quickly so the waitlist can get moving

Reactions: 6 users
Alternate list OOS number 132! Still was in the top 15% though ;) Goodluck everyone and congrats to those that got in!

Congrats to everyone accepted!! Going to Wisconsin was one of the best decisions I ever made!

Reactions: 2 users
Yo OOSers, what color was your acceptance packet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Declining my OOS seat! Hope one of y'all on the waitlist gets it!

Reactions: 3 users
I got #10 IS waitlist.. Hopefully they get further than 6 this year!

Hubby called with my no.
Congrats to the class of 2020... maybe I'll see you in the embryo lab!

#71 on the OOS wait-list! It sounds like a long shot, but that makes me feel so much better than the rejections I have gotten! I got accepted to MN which is my in-state, but WI OOS tuition is still cheaper because MN is so high, so I would definitely have to consider it if the wait-list happens to move that much :p Congrats to everyone who got in!

Accepted OOS! Just got my phone call today while I was on my way to check my mail (got my acceptance letter as well)!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone have suggestions on where to stay during the open house?

Anybody else get an email from the CVM offering to comp $500 worth of travel expenses to the Open House?

Yes, I did. I'm assuming that was sent to most/all accepted OOS students since we have a much longer distance to travel. A very nice gesture!

I'm already looking forward to the open house.

Yes, I did. I'm assuming that was sent to most/all accepted OOS students since we have a much longer distance to travel. A very nice gesture!

I'm already looking forward to the open house.

I'm OOS and did not receive that email.

Does anyone have suggestions on where to stay during the open house?
Stay at the best wester tower inn. It's just like a 4 minute walk to the vet school, so it's super convenient

Also OOS and did not receive the email. Seems odd that this would be offered to some but not all.

They only offer it to a handful of OOS students. It's also a possibility that those same students will be offered a scholarship as well. UW does this for some OOS students who they were really impressed with. Kind of like how they call some and not others. Regardless, if you've been accepted as an OOS student, you're considered the best of the best so don't take it negatively if they didn't offer this to you!

Last edited:
Finally got my mail last night - OOS alternate #21. Now playing the waiting game at two schools.

Reactions: 3 users
Finally got my mail last night - OOS alternate #21. Now playing the waiting game at two schools.
What state are you living? I'm in Ohio and I have yet to receive any letter :( I'm beginning to wonder since everyone's been receiving theirs this week.

I'm in Massachusetts and haven't gotten mine either

What state are you living? I'm in Ohio and I have yet to receive any letter :( I'm beginning to wonder since everyone's been receiving theirs this week.

I'm in Massachusetts and haven't gotten mine either

I'm in Boston, MA. I am convinced that my neighborhood post office has sorting/delivery issues, so I was very relieved to have finally received something.

I'm in Madison, like 20 minutes from the vet school and I still haven't gotten mine either. :(

I'm hopeful the rest of you guys will get your letters soon. Im in NC and didn't get mine until Thursday. OOS #42.

OOS alternate #2!!!! wow I'm actually really surprised :)

Just as a heads up, especially to OOS students who may need to make travel plans, the open house is on March 11th (which is soon!).

If you haven't heard anything yet, I would just call. My friend did that today and they told him the admission committee's decision.

I just noticed that, in the admissions packet I received, the letter mentions a form to complete and return to accept/decline the offer, but no such form was enclosed. Did anyone else get the form?

I emailed them today and they said that everyone's letters were sent on 2/19. They are re-sending mine but I may just call them to find out.

I just noticed that, in the admissions packet I received, the letter mentions a form to complete and return to accept/decline the offer, but no such form was enclosed. Did anyone else get the form?
I definitely got this form. If my memory is correct, it was a pinkish colored piece of paper.

I feel like this might be a little premature, but I am looking to start a Facebook group for those of us who have been accepted and for sure plan to enroll at Madison for c/o 2020. This was naturally my first choice school since I'm IS. I also realize that not everyone has made a final decision yet. Nonetheless, I am eager to get connected with my future classmates! Especially since I will be on the hunt for housing/roommates/etc within the next couple months. What do you guys think? If no one has made a Facebook group already, I am volunteering to set one up!

@mamakitty The school sets one up for the official class a bit later on. :)

Did anyone who submitted the acceptance/open house forms get any sort of acknowledgement of receipt from uw?

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile

Did anyone who submitted the acceptance/open house forms get any sort of acknowledgement of receipt from uw?

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile

Nope! But I'm showing up on Friday whether they want me there or not. ;)

I'll be working the Diagnostic Imaging Club booth noon to 1, so swing by and come hear about an awesome club that you should totally be a part of! :)

The open house tomorrow is 12-4, correct? And where are we supposed to go to check in? I just got into Madison and I forgot all the info back at home :smack: