Wisconsin MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mustang sally

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any good tips for studying for Wisconsin MPJE?

Members don't see this ad.

Know misbranding vs adulteration, different types of pharmacies, different FDA licenses and that sort of thing. I thought I did poorly on it, but I ended up passing by a comfortable margin. WI BOP is good about posting whether or not you passed on the website. They won't post your score, but will say if you passed. I took the exams on a Wednesday, and knew by Friday that I passed. I used the review packet I got from Walgreens.

Thanks for the tips! I printed out all of the statutes and chapters they had under their WI MPJE link but some of the stuff seemed less than relevant.

Just remember there are two regulations in the process of changing. The first one is the approval of e-scribing controls, and the other is the regulation of pharmacy techs. Also, go to the Pharmacy Society of WI webpage because they have a lot of information. You can get a free membership your first year after graduating.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took WI law exam, and I won't be surprised if I failed. I read through all of WI laws twice, reviewed federal pharmacy laws by Reiss & Hall, and looked through the website for FAQs. But the test was just ridiculous! Every question was so convoluted and asked for the smallest detail possible. By the end of the test, I was getting too frustrated and confused to probably answer anything right. I felt that some answers could be possibly right based on what law you consider. I took MN MPJE last year: the questions were straight forward and clear. I feel very frustrated, and I am not even sure how to approach studying if I have failed this test.

Yep, I feel the same way. Passed my home state law with no problems, felt pretty sure I bombed Wisconsin MPJE afterwards. I'm still waiting to hear my results and not really sure how we find out besides in the mail. I just keep checking my application status online to see if there are any changes under MPJE results but it still looks the same.

When did you take your test? I thought that we would find out about 2 days after the test.

Actually I took it on Saturday, so I was checking all day today to see if anything on my page had changed. Just checked it now and everything is in green and it says "permanent license issued" at the top, so I'm assuming I'm officially a Wisconsin pharmacist now!!

I bet you'll do fine, because I was sure I failed (and I didn't think that after the naplex or my other law exam either).

Actually I took it on Saturday, so I was checking all day today to see if anything on my page had changed. Just checked it now and everything is in green and it says "permanent license issued" at the top, so I'm assuming I'm officially a Wisconsin pharmacist now!!

I bet you'll do fine, because I was sure I failed (and I didn't think that after the naplex or my other law exam either).

Congratulations! I really hope I passed too because I just felt awful after this test. I took NAPLEX and MN MPJE last year, and I felt fine after them. Today was a different story.

I thought I failed it but I did well on it. I got a respectable 86 on it.

You did remember the minimum width of the countertops and that the pharmacy must have a sink with detergent. lol

The pass rate for WI MPJE is 90%.

I just found out that I passed law! Whew..What a relief. My website says the same thing as mustang sally's. For anyone who is interested about website's turnaround - I took my test Wednesday afternoon and found out the result on Monday afternoon.

Hello all, I am planning on taking the MPJE for WI soon......still haven't gotten my ATT yet :(

Just wondering, what resources should I use to study to prepare for this exam? I am thinking of buying the practice exam through pharmacyexam.com but I noticed that it was last updated May 2012 .... not sure if that is too outdated to study from.... other than that, does anybody have any other suggestions?

I just took WI law exam, and I won't be surprised if I failed. I read through all of WI laws twice, reviewed federal pharmacy laws by Reiss & Hall, and looked through the website for FAQs. But the test was just ridiculous! Every question was so convoluted and asked for the smallest detail possible. By the end of the test, I was getting too frustrated and confused to probably answer anything right. I felt that some answers could be possibly right based on what law you consider. I took MN MPJE last year: the questions were straight forward and clear. I feel very frustrated, and I am not even sure how to approach studying if I have failed this test.
Have you tried pharmacyexam.com mpje material? I have heard it is good?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just found out I passed this, still waiting on liscense though. Besides a few questions, I didn't really think it was that bad. But then, law was a class I did really good in. I read the blue book, pharmacy practice and the law, and my class notes for study.

Just found out I passed this, still waiting on liscense though. Besides a few questions, I didn't really think it was that bad. But then, law was a class I did really good in. I read the blue book, pharmacy practice and the law, and my class notes for study.

How long did it take to get your results? I took the test wednesday morning and its already the following tuesday and they still haven't posted it for me. I've just been checking my application status online, is that where you found out? Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

I got the letter first, which took 9 business days. It then took another 3 business days after that to get my license.

Hi there
I am looking forward to taking Wisconsin MPJE soon. I would like to know what are the best resources to study ??? Also I do need a recommendation for practice questions..
If there is anyone who took the test recently, I will be so glad to hear from you :)
thanks

My friend got her results after 10 business days after taking it. Wisconsin department is very slow! Please
let me know when you receive your score whenever you find out. Thanks!

My friend got her results after 10 business days after taking it. Wisconsin department is very slow! Please
let me know when you receive your score whenever you find out. Thanks!
do you know if she got a letter in the mail or did her application online update after 10 business days? im trying to figure out what I will recieve first....

Her application status online changed first (red to green), which she received an email about. Another friend who took the exam in the spring said the same thing. Good luck!

Her application status online changed first (red to green), which she received an email about. Another friend who took the exam in the spring said the same thing. Good luck!
thanks for the info!

Just in case you are waiting i called wisconson board and I guess they are backed up ..every time I call they say 20-25 business days?? Did the friend who recently take the exam this month? Im just curious cuz I took on June 30th

Yeah, I called them too and they said 20 business days. I asked them either they would mail or change the status online first and she couldn't even answer the question. Sometimes it makes me wonder if they know what they are really doing...

She took the exam on June 21st and got her results on July 7th.

Considering the application tracker said results should be reported and mailed by two weeks, it shouldn't take longer than that I hope!!

Yeah, I called them too and they said 20 business days. I asked them either they would mail or change the status online first and she couldn't even answer the question. Sometimes it makes me wonder if they know what they are really doing...

She took the exam on June 21st and got her results on July 7th.
couldn't agree with you more!! they were so rude!! anyways i guess we have no choice but to wait....

If they change your status in the application tracker application, they will send out an automatic e-mail. When I did it, I found out I passed two days after I took the exam and received the actual score in the mail about a week after taking the exam.

couldn't agree with you more!! they were so rude!! anyways i guess we have no choice but to wait....

Yeah they were rude to me as well. Any updates?

If they change your status in the application tracker application, they will send out an automatic e-mail. When I did it, I found out I passed two days after I took the exam and received the actual score in the mail about a week after taking the exam.

I wish they were fast like this...

I have reread it multiple times but still not exactly sure what they are trying to say in the bolded text. Any interpretations? I think it is saying that a newly licensed grad does not have to do CEs until after their first renewal has occurred. This makes sense to me but then again who knows?

450.085 Continuing education. (1) An applicant for
renewal of a license under s. 450.08 (2) (a) shall submit proof that
he or she has completed, within the 2−year period immediately
preceding the date of his or her application, 30 hours of continuing
education in courses conducted by a provider that is approved by
the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education or in courses
approved by the board. Courses specified in s. 450.035 (1r) and
(2) are courses in continuing education for purposes of this subsection.
This subsection does not apply to an applicant for
renewal of a license that expires on the first renewal date after the
date on which the board initially granted the license.

(2) The board may waive all or part of any requirement in sub.
(1) if it finds that exceptional circumstances such as prolonged illness,
disability or other similar circumstances have prevented a
pharmacist from meeting the requirement.
History: 1997 a. 68; 1997 a. 237 s. 727m.
Cross−reference: See also ch. Phar 16, Wis. adm. code.

My friend was asking about that statement earlier today. You are correct on your interpretation. Out of curiosity, what chain will you be working for as a pharmacist?

If you are newly licensed now, you won't have to do the required CE for the 2016 renewal.

Just remember there are two major laws involving pharmacy which were just passed, but their rules have not been written. One is the new law regarding controls and the other is pharmacist provider law. They just updated the PDMP to include billing information. PSW's weekly news e-mail is a good source for learning about new laws.

If you are newly licensed now, you won't have to do the required CE for the 2016 renewal.

Just remember there are two major laws involving pharmacy which were just passed, but their rules have not been written. One is the new law regarding controls and the other is pharmacist provider law. They just updated the PDMP to include billing information. PSW's weekly news e-mail is a good source for learning about new laws.
still nothing.....

If you go to NABP website, and see under active registrations, the WI mpje status should say 'registration closed' and if you also see an application number, that means you passed. Wisconsin takes forever to update the results on its website.

Good luck!

I am taking the WI MPJE tomorrow. Not sure if I'm aware of the two major laws that were recently passed. Can anyone provide some detail on what the two major laws were?

Also, does anyone know what is the days supply limit on CIIs? I know in IL the most you can dispense at any one time is 30-days. Not sure if WI is 90-day supply limit on CIIs like the federal law.

Wisconsin has no laws about the max day supply of C-2s. It is perfectly legal to dispense how much the prescription is written for. Don't worry about the new laws in terms of MPJE, the laws are not completely in effect yet.
Information about the new laws
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/20...2014&utm_campaign=FF+4/11/14&utm_medium=email
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/20...2014&utm_campaign=FF+4/11/14&utm_medium=email
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2013/related/acts/294

The first two, Wisconsin act 199 and 200, were signed together into law as part of a series of laws dealing with controlled medications. The third one, Wisconsin Act 294, is the pharmacist provider act.

Wisconsin has no laws about the max day supply of C-2s. It is perfectly legal to dispense how much the prescription is written for. Don't worry about the new laws in terms of MPJE, the laws are not completely in effect yet.
Information about the new laws
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2013/related/acts/199?utm_source=PSW Fast Facts April 11, 2014&utm_campaign=FF 4/11/14&utm_medium=email
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2013/related/acts/200?utm_source=PSW Fast Facts April 11, 2014&utm_campaign=FF 4/11/14&utm_medium=email
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2013/related/acts/294

The first two, Wisconsin act 199 and 200, were signed together into law as part of a series of laws dealing with controlled medications. The third one, Wisconsin Act 294, is the pharmacist provider act.

Thank you so much!!! And by the way, is it really true that the pharmacist HAS to counsel every single rx (new AND refills) and actually hand off the Rx to every single patient in the state of WI? Neither the pharmacist nor the techs can offer to counsel, but rather an actual counsel must take place no matter what? How do the pharmacists get anything done?!?! Doesn't the board understand how much is going, especially if you get a doctor call on hold, a transfer on hold, a patient with questions on hold, and 10 people waiting in line at the counter for the pharmacist to counsel them on every single Rx? And imagine all that during the flu shot season...

If you go to NABP website, and see under active registrations, the WI mpje status should say 'registration closed' and if you also see an application number, that means you passed. Wisconsin takes forever to update the results on its website.

Good luck!

Would the WI MPJE Status of Registration Closed with Application Number be under Active Registrations or Registration History? Does anyone else have any new insight on the turn around time for scores? The last post I read says 10 business days. So I can't hope for anything earlier than that?

Would the WI MPJE Status of Registration Closed with Application Number be under Active Registrations or Registration History? Does anyone else have any new insight on the turn around time for scores? The last post I read says 10 business days. So I can't hope for anything earlier than that?

Yes, under Reg. History. I am on day 6 right now and will let you know once I get my result either online or in mail.

The state of Wisconsin requires the offer of counseling for every medication; new and refill. Only a pharmacist or an intern can make that offer. Per the state, a pharmacy intern is someone who has completed two years of pharmacy school. Techs are not licensed by the state currently. However, there is a strong sentiment to change the law. With the rewriting of the pharmacy practice act this year, we might see a change. Wisconsin's Sudafed laws are a little stricter than the federal law. If you look at all the formal cases brought to the board, almost all of them are due to drug abuse. Read through your blue book and you will be fine.

I went to school in Illinois and self taught myself Wisconsin law upon moving here. I passed the MPJE the first time with room to spare.