Wisconsin MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mustang sally

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any good tips for studying for Wisconsin MPJE?

Members don't see this ad.

The state of Wisconsin requires the offer of counseling for every medication; new and refill. Only a pharmacist or an intern can make that offer. Per the state, a pharmacy intern is someone who has completed two years of pharmacy school. Techs are not licensed by the state currently. However, there is a strong sentiment to change the law. With the rewriting of the pharmacy practice act this year, we might see a change. Wisconsin's Sudafed laws are a little stricter than the federal law. If you look at all the formal cases brought to the board, almost all of them are due to drug abuse. Read through your blue book and you will be fine.

I went to school in Illinois and self taught myself Wisconsin law upon moving here. I passed the MPJE the first time with room to spare.

I thought in WI, just an offer to counsel is not enough. You have to counsel a patient on all new and refill prescriptions.

Reactions: 1 user
If you go to NABP website, and see under active registrations, the WI mpje status should say 'registration closed' and if you also see an application number, that means you passed. Wisconsin takes forever to update the results on its website.

Good luck!

Sorry, I have another question! Do you have actual confirmation that this actually holds true with someone who failed MPJE? I hope this little rumor is true, but I just really need confirmation, so I can stop worrying already!

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought in WI, just an offer to counsel is not enough. You have to counsel a patient on all new and refill prescriptions.

It has been a while since I looked at the actual text. Now, here in real life, you will counsel on new rx and ask on refills.

So, in Illinois a patient can receive three prescriptions from the doctor all dated today for a CII and on the face of prescription #2 it can say do not dispense until August 28th, and on prescription #3 it can say do not dispense until September 28th. This allows for one visit to the prescriber and 90 days worth, just that the patient can't get it right away. However, in Wisconsin since a prescription for a CII is only good for 60 days I would assume the same thing could only be done with two prescriptions dated today...with the second prescription saying on its face Do not dispense until August 28th.

So, in Illinois a patient can receive three prescriptions from the doctor all dated today for a CII and on the face of prescription #2 it can say do not dispense until August 28th, and on prescription #3 it can say do not dispense until September 28th. This allows for one visit to the prescriber and 90 days worth, just that the patient can't get it right away. However, in Wisconsin since a prescription for a CII is only good for 60 days I would assume the same thing could only be done with two prescriptions dated today...with the second prescription saying on its face Do not dispense until August 28th.

It is perfectly legal to do that in Wisconsin, but you have to be extremely careful about that third script. If the patient is off by a few days, the third will expire before it is time for it to be filled. I have had many issues regarding the third ladder script.

Online. Don't worry, you'll pass too. I know it is difficult, but have patience.

I PASSED! :) Thank you so much for the encouragement.
By the way, the rumor about the NABP Website is completely FALSE. My friend didn't pass the MPJE, and his status was "Registration Closed" and he had an application number.

Members don't see this ad :)
I PASSED!!! Officially a licensed pharmacist in the state of WI! :thumbup::clap: A big thanks and shout out to all those who provide guidance, support, and encouragement for the WI MPJE. It was no doubt a tough exam, but it must hold true that if you're getting really difficult questions as the exam progresses, then it really does mean you are doing well. Now I can relax and enjoy my upcoming vaca before I start working as a pharmacist! Hope all of you have a fantastic rest of the summer!

Does anyone know if the board mails out a physical, hard-copy license to you after you are approved for a license? I got an email where I can print out my wall certificate and wallet card. Do we just print that out on our own? And is there a fee to pay to obtain the initial license?

Does anyone know if the board mails out a physical, hard-copy license to you after you are approved for a license? I got an email where I can print out my wall certificate and wallet card. Do we just print that out on our own? And is there a fee to pay to obtain the initial license?
I got the physical license a week or so after receiving the license. In the meantime, just print out the licenses on the website. http://dsps.wi.gov/Online-Services/License-Credentialing
Also, please remember to sign up for the Wisconsin PDMP. Only a third of pharmacists are currently registered and that is sad. http://dsps.wi.gov/pdmp/access/prescriber

I printed mine out in the meantime. Hoping to get the nicer one around next week! I registered for PDMP the same day I got licensed and was able to start using it right away too! They're really quick.

Took the exam on Saturday and it felt really easy. I would have an easy question and after that like 4-5 really ambiguous questions but due to my massive over preparation I felt I was able to tease out which of two answers was more correct. I was amazed how fast I got through the exam. I was in there for an hour and a half....but was so laser focused it felt more like 15 minutes. Half way through the exam I forced myself to slow down. Having had exams in pharmacy school where I felt like I did well only to find out I did really poorly, and other exams where I felt I did so-so and actually did really well, I am not sure what to make of the situation. I guess I will just have to wait and see. I think the worst part of the exam was when I would get a question I deemed really easy....I would freak out for about 5 seconds thinking, why are they asking me such an easy question???? am I failing??? Not good, not good at all. So curiously enough getting a series of hard questions actually calmed me down.

Is there any person to share Wisconsin MPJE material. I am out of state student, and is finding it very difficult to find MPJE material for Wisconsin.

Passed the MPJE and have my score (it only took like three-four days) took NAPLEX on the 9th and WI BOP website still shows NAPLEX requirement in red and file says pending, in process. If they don't give me the result tomorrow I am going to have to wait through the weeked. Anyone else out there waiting for results? At this point I just need an answer, whether pass or fail. I just need to know either way so I can get on with my life vs. Being in this perpetual limbo.

Took it on a Monday. Didn't hear anything at all until the next Wednesday. Seemed like an agonizing wait, as I was thinking I must have failed the law exam. Instead, they finally sent an email stating that all of my requirements for a license were met. :)

Also if I have to retake theMPJE anyone have any good study materials?
I have the prontopass cards which are very good and worth 150$ including fedral and Wisconsin laws. I am wiling to sell them for a much cheaper price. If you are interested, send me your phone number or email address and we will talk.thanks

Hi, I am planning to take WI mpje soon. Please let me know the best materials to study. If you have any, I am interested in buying.

The state of Wisconsin requires the offer of counseling for every medication; new and refill. Only a pharmacist or an intern can make that offer. Per the state, a pharmacy intern is someone who has completed two years of pharmacy school. Techs are not licensed by the state currently. However, there is a strong sentiment to change the law. With the rewriting of the pharmacy practice act this year, we might see a change. Wisconsin's Sudafed laws are a little stricter than the federal law. If you look at all the formal cases brought to the board, almost all of them are due to drug abuse. Read through your blue book and you will be fine.

I went to school in Illinois and self taught myself Wisconsin law upon moving here. I passed the MPJE the first time with room to spare.

Hello! I also went to pharmacy school in Illinois but will be taking my Wisconsin law exam shortly. I went onto the Wisconsin Website and printed the 18 files under "Pharmacy Examining Board" and the 3 files under "Wisconsin Statues." Are there any other forms that you used/found helpful when preparing for the law exam. Thank you in advance!