Withdraw?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

topdent1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in an ecology class that is kicking my @$$. No matter how much i study for it, i just don't get it. Its just one of those classes that doesn't meet me eye to eye. It is also taking large amounts of study time from other important classes such as genetics. I want to withdraw from it, but was wondering how it would look from the dental schools point of view. Do they care much? I am taking this class because it fulfills my upper division writing intensive requirements. There are a number of other classes i could take instead. Any advice is appreciated.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It is obviously not ideal, but in my opinion it is better than getting a poor grade which will drag down your GPA and science GPA which in the end are very important. I had one with drawl on my transcript and one of the interviews did ask me about it so be aware. That said, the one C and one W will not be too damaging as long as the rest of your transcript is very solid.

I don't know the right answer but I had a withdrawal on mine and no one on my interviews even brought up my transcript. I did, however, get asked about my QR score and how I managed to raise it so high (took it twice bc of that stupid section).

Members don't see this ad :)
You can usually get away with one or two Ws.... but anything more than that and red flags will start to go up.
A withdrawl is definitly better than a D or F.

I'm currently in an ecology class that is kicking my @$$. No matter how much i study for it, i just don't get it. Its just one of those classes that doesn't meet me eye to eye. It is also taking large amounts of study time from other important classes such as genetics. I want to withdraw from it, but was wondering how it would look from the dental schools point of view. Do they care much? I am taking this class because it fulfills my upper division writing intensive requirements. There are a number of other classes i could take instead. Any advice is appreciated.

thanks

Correct me if I am wrong anyone, but isn't the drop deadline passed for most schools? You probably want to find out about it, because you sure as hell do not want to get a W AND an F for that course.

Correct me if I am wrong anyone, but isn't the drop deadline passed for most schools? You probably want to find out about it, because you sure as hell do not want to get a W AND an F for that course.
but those don't count on your aadsas gpa!