Women's Interview Clothing #3!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
gasp!
*clenches fists, whispers angrily to self* ...my shoes had _bows_...

My shoes had bows!! *struggles to pull knife out of heart*

Nothing wrong with a tiny bow.....I think?

As long as it's not bedazzled. Bedazzled bows are up there with neoprene and khaki pants

Members don't see this ad.

Uh huh...says the <ahem> not so natural blonde. Lasting volume tends not to be our strong suit (although I admit the coarser gray hairs that are coming in are helping with that quite a bit)!

All the blonde hair dye roughened up the texture of my hair enough that I've been able to get more volume into it that way. When I'm my natural color, my hair falls flat and refuses to do anything ><

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing wrong with a tiny bow.....I think?

As long as it's not bedazzled. Bedazzled bows are up there with neoprene and khaki pants
It was only a *little* bit bedazzled. :(

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1445517548.028531.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
LOL ...

yet somehow you managed to get 2 offers of admission and a scholarship.

I think the color outweighed the bedazzled bow!
Lol BUT HOW??

Ahhh, anyway. Lesson learned. Medicine is an art! Life is jazz! Shoes are for bedazzling!--okay not that last one.

Let's talk about charcoal suits again. Many that I've found are slightly patterned, like a plaid weave (but subtle) or slightly more heathered than I'm used to. Is a slight pattern frowned upon? I'm so set on a charcoal suit, I'm probably creating problems for myself. It just looks so much better with my skin tone.

Let's talk about charcoal suits again. Many that I've found are slightly patterned, like a plaid weave (but subtle) or slightly more heathered than I'm used to. Is a slight pattern frowned upon? I'm so set on a charcoal suit, I'm probably creating problems for myself. It just looks so much better with my skin tone.

You're probably fine -- most are.

Reactions: 1 users
Charcoal is great. A bit of a pattern in the weave is no problem.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have purchased the gray suit and light green top featured in the attached images, as well as the matching gray suit slacks, from The Limited. However, I am concerned that the pale shirt along with the gray suit is too summery looking for winter interviews? Would it be best to look for a darker colored blouse? Any input is appreciated :)

Attachments

• Suit.jpg
    Suit.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 113
  • shirt.jpg
    shirt.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 99
*secondary sexual characteristics audibly retract into body cavity*

And no suede for pumps, correct? No suede not too pointy not too high is surprisingly hard to find in my size. Should have been born larger. Or smaller.

And no suede for pumps, correct? No suede not too pointy not too high is surprisingly hard to find in my size. Should have been born larger. Or smaller.
Suede is considered more casual but it's not a death knell to your application. It's hard to take care of as well if you're interviewing in cold snowy places.

What size do you wear?

Suede is considered more casual but it's not a death knell to your application. It's hard to take care of as well if you're interviewing in cold snowy places.

What size do you wear?

Okay, that's what I figured. Excellent point about the snow too! I do happen to live in a rather snowy place. Ended up settling for some adequate Nine West pumps with pointier toes than I love, but low heel so they're not too scandalous. I have the ultra common size 8.5 syndrome which is just not the best for discount stores/sales, although nothing to complain about for any other reason :)

Okay, that's what I figured. Excellent point about the snow too! I do happen to live in a rather snowy place. Ended up settling for some adequate Nine West pumps with pointier toes than I love, but low heel so they're not too scandalous. I have the ultra common size 8.5 syndrome which is just not the best for discount stores/sales, although nothing to complain about for any other reason :)
I wear an 8 1/2 as well and it's also difficult to find at the high-end stores I shop in!

I think there's nothing wrong with a pointy toe and I'm sure the Nine West you selected are perfectly fine.

Last edited:
what shoes do you wear in NY in December.....

For your interview, or just walking around? And in the city, or upstate? Buffalo requires a different mindset than Manhattan. :) If you haven't checked out the interview clothing threads and that's what you're referring to, you should. There is lots of great advice.

I wear an 8 1/2 as well and it's also difficult to find at the high-end stores I shop in!

I think there's nothing wrong with a pointy toe and I'm sure the nine weat you selected are perfectly fine.

A toe has to be pretty extreme to be "too pointy" -- I've seen a few, but generally not something to worry about. You'll know it if you see it.

For your interview, or just walking around? And in the city, or upstate? Buffalo requires a different mindset than Manhattan. :) If you haven't checked out the interview clothing threads and that's what you're referring to, you should. There is lots of great advice.

Isn't that what this thread is? ;)

Same shoes as everywhere else: closed toe, leather, modest heel. If you really think you'll be traipsing over snow piles, then you might want some overboots/snow boots, but as noted above, there's a big difference in weather between NYC and upstate NY.

A toe has to be pretty extreme to be "too pointy" -- I've seen a few, but generally not something to worry about. You'll know it if you see it.

b43340b5f5b8398b16a45e08e8ceb11e.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
If ever there were some shoes that increase your chances of tripping and face-planting on your interview day, those are them.

I interviewed in NYC in a blizzard last year. I wore snow boots (which I tucked my pants into to keep them slush-free) and then changed into regular heels in the lobby. I was able to do that because I had my suitcase with me, so I wasn't awkwardly carrying my boots around.

If it's not snowing and it's just cold, I'd stick with heels and skip the boots.

Just want to stop by and say the black heels from Aerosoles are AWESOME! Successfully completed 5 school tours with them with no issues whatsoever! Super comfy and relatively low-heeled. Really going to miss these shoes once they start looking too worn to be professional.

Reactions: 4 users
This is so close to the "men's interview gaffe" that I have been trying to put off posting!
You need to know I have been checking the men's interview thread religiously, waiting for this post.

Reactions: 5 users
This is so close to the "men's interview gaffe" that I have been trying to put off posting!

Bahahahahahaha! Awesome. I can't wait to hear more.

@Winged Scapula I got one of those formal longer coats similar to the pictures you posted for my december interviews and I actually love it, can't wait for winter :D

@Winged Scapula I got one of those formal longer coats similar to the pictures you posted for my december interviews and I actually love it, can't wait for winter :D
See? Glad you're seeing the light!

I bought 2 new coats today myself for the frigid 65 degree weather we get here...LOL.

Does anyone have advice/rule on when you should tuck in your blouse and when it is ok to leave it untucked?

Also, I would greatly appreciate any opinion on what looks better with a black pantsuit? They look brighter in natural lighting and under fluorescence they are tamer.

Attachments

• 1445875861693.jpg
    1445875861693.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 149
It was only a *little* bit bedazzled. :(

View attachment 197243
This is odd to say in this thread, but... I really love that teak-ish flooring in the picture.

(The shoes aren't bad, I don't think. So many brownie points in my books because you actually wore a suit and not a Sunday Brunch jumper!!)

This is odd to say in this thread, but... I really love that teak-ish flooring in the picture.

(The shoes aren't bad, I don't think. So many brownie points in my books because you actually wore a suit and not a Sunday Brunch jumper!!)
Who on earth would wear a Sunday brunch jumper? Let me rephrase: WHAT on earth is a Sunday brunch jumper?

Regardless, will never not be filled with glee to see that photo collage resurface. It is my masterpiece.

Does anyone have advice/rule on when you should tuck in your blouse and when it is ok to leave it untucked?

Also, I would greatly appreciate any opinion on what looks better with a black pantsuit? They look brighter in natural lighting and under fluorescence they are tamer.

They are all fine (if ironed) though I'd prefer the pink and blue to the grey.

As to the tucked / untucked question -- shirts like that should ALWAYS be tucked in, as should almost every blouse for wear with a conservative suit. I've seen a very few that would be OK untucked, but if you have to ask, tuck them in.

They are all fine (if ironed) though I'd prefer the pink and blue to the grey.

As to the tucked / untucked question -- shirts like that should ALWAYS be tucked in, as should almost every blouse for wear with a conservative suit. I've seen a very few that would be OK untucked, but if you have to ask, tuck them in.

Hahaha will definitely be ironing them! The gray-ish looking one is actually the blue blouse in artificial light. It does look duller so will probably stick with pink.

Thank you!