Work/Activities Most Meaningful

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoshuaGuit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm not sure what the best path for my reapplication will be. Should I keep the three most meaningful that I had for my last application and rewrite them a little bit, or should I create three new ones?

The main issue is I'm not sure if the adcom would be able to see the new three which happened this year plus the old three to have a better picture of who I am as an applicant, or if I should just maintain the old three? Or should it truly be the three "most meaningful"?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

The answer to your question is actually quite simple. Choose the three experiences that are truly, most meaningful.

Furthermore, do not feel you need three "most meaningful" experiences. If you cannot discuss a experience in the depth that should be touched upon in this section, it should not be considered "most meaningful"

:luck:

The answer to your question is actually quite simple. Choose the three experiences that are truly, most meaningful.

Furthermore, do not feel you need three "most meaningful" experiences. If you cannot discuss a experience in the depth that should be touched upon in this section, it should not be considered "most meaningful"

:luck:

That's not very simple :confused:

I already have essays written up for all six, and they are all very meaningful to me. I am asking if it would be advantageous to list three new activities which would allow the adcoms to have six full activities rather than three.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a little confused as to what exactly you're asking....but I agree with Epinephreus that you should go with whichever three activities you truly found to be most meaningful instead of manipulating your application to be what you think adcoms want to see

That's not very simple :confused:

I already have essays written up for all six, and they are all very meaningful to me. I am asking if it would be advantageous to list three new activities which would allow the adcoms to have six full activities rather than three.

If I understand correctly, you are saying that if you put 3 new activities as the most meaningful, adcoms will see your 3 new most meaningful activities while remembering the old 3 most meaningful activities and thus see 6 total?

There's no guarantee that adcoms will keep in track of your old applications, let alone remembering what your previous most meaningful activities were in the past.

If you really can't figure out which 3 out of your 6 activities are most meaningful, I will be more than happy to talk about them with you through PM. I already submitted my primary on the first day, so hopefully I can comment on which activities you seem more passionate than others after discussing in depth.

On the topic of most meaningful, do you guys think that one of the three most meaningful activities needs to be clinical experience?

As a nontrad I have other activities that I have devoted a lot of time to, have learned a lot from and would be more natural as most meaningful. But I heard that adcoms may question your commitment if you are not describing clinical experience as one of the big 3.

What do you think?