Work help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nostalgiaultra

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently working at Walgreens as a pharmacy technician hoping to use it to meet someone that could write one of my LOR's for pharmacy school. I was recently offered a job at Costco but it is about a 30 minute drive to get there as opposed to the Walgreens 10 minute one. Costco offered me a much better wage rate than Walgreens pays me so I was wondering which I should take? I know about the Conflict of Interest thing explaining how I can't work at two retail pharmacies at the same time though.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently working at Walgreens as a pharmacy technician hoping to use it to meet someone that could write one of my LOR's for pharmacy school. I was recently offered a job at Costco but it is about a 30 minute drive to get there as opposed to the Walgreens 10 minute one. Costco offered me a much better wage rate than Walgreens pays me so I was wondering which I should take? I know about the Conflict of Interest thing explaining how I can't work at two retail pharmacies at the same time though.

I think you can take the new job at Costco and also get a LOR from your boss or supervisor at Walgreen. If you are a good worker there at Walgreen already, I do not think there is any problem for you got get a good LOR from there.

my supervisor at walgreens is in desperate need of my help nowadays, i sort of feel terrible if i left right after i got certified.

Members don't see this ad :)
my supervisor at walgreens is in desperate need of my help nowadays, i sort of feel terrible if i left right after i got certified.

in that case, it would depend on how much you think you need the bigger pay at Costco vs. the LOR for your pharmacy school application. But I would stay and get my LOR.

in that case, it would depend on how much you think you need the bigger pay at Costco vs. the LOR for your pharmacy school application. But I would stay and get my LOR.
I just decided if Costco hires me I'm leaving. I just started here about 8 months ago and I could probably get a better LOR from costco as well if i were to work there until i got accepted to pharmacy school

I just decided if Costco hires me I'm leaving. I just started here about 8 months ago and I could probably get a better LOR from costco as well if i were to work there until i got accepted to pharmacy school

If you could do that, then the job at Costco would definitely better. GL :)