Worked up a template for work & activities prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afraidoffailure

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
SORRY IF IT'S NOT COOL TO POST THIS AS ITS OWN THREAD
Not trying to spam, I promise, just hoping this can help out some other folks out there. Posted this in the official tips thread but thought it'd get more exposure on its own too.

Good luck!
______

Hey all,

I worked up this template to help me get all my data entered before doing it directly in AMCAS - thought it might be helpful to folks here as well. I really wanted the opportunity to do all my work outside the logged-in AMCAS application in a place that was more focused.

Is essentially a duplicate of the required fields on AMCAS, including the drop down of experience types.
The second sheet (little tabs at the bottom) has a character counter for each description section, along with their character limits, and is formatted such that the count will be green if you're under the limit, and turn red when you go over.
Put the character counter on the second sheet so it doesn't become an aggressive stress factory while you write.

Hope this gets seen even though this thread is so huge! I'll post it around other places too in the hopes it can help people out some.

Should be listed as "public" with view permissions so you all can download it/add it to your Google Drive if you need to. Lemme know if the link doesn't work out though. Also if you've got any great ideas about how it could be better lemme know and I'll try to get to it after I submit ;)

Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.