Working abroad (remotely)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fluorometholone

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to graduate in 2016 and was planning to go straight to retail. My husband works for a massive company in the business world, and we have the chance to transfer abroad at some point in the next 5 years. Assuming I do go retail, my loans will be mostly paid off in about 2 years, so they aren't a huge issue. I'm just wondering if there are companies that hire remote workers, or if anyone has experience with something like this. I'm doubtful about the possibility of getting a working visa (if I wanted a non-clinical job, say with a pharma company in a country we were in), although I don't even know if I would need one if I was technically working from another country. It's all very far away right now, but I'm trying to keep my options open before I sign any contracts.

Members don't see this ad.

cardinal health is one of the companies I know that does remote order verifcation - there are several others out there, goodle "remote pharmacy order entry" and you will find some companies

I doubt you will be able to approve prescriptions while living abroad due to legal reasons.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I doubt you will be able to approve prescriptions while living abroad due to legal reasons.
depends on the state, some states (Illinois IIRC) require remote order entry to be in-state, others do not, as far as being out of the country, I think it may be allowed, but wheather or not a company wants to mess with it is another issue.

FWIW I know there are MD's in India reading x-rays and CT scans for some american hospitals