Working as a graduate intern status even though licensed until I find a pharmacist position?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm9101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am licensed as a pharmacist already but still looking for a job. Meanwhile my pharmacy is willing to keep me working as an intern status and pay wise until i find a job as a pharmacist. Is it still okay to work in this case but I would be considered a graduate intern right? I know it doesn't really make sense since I already have my pharmacist license but they don't have an opening for a pharmacist and I don't want to be without any job until I find a pharmacist position.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure you can work in a position below the one for which you're licensed. I don't think a BOP will be upset if a licensed intern works as a tech or a pharmacist works as an intern or tech. You just need to be mindful of how your workplace is handling any RPh to tech staffing ratio requirements.

I am licensed as a pharmacist already but still looking for a job. Meanwhile my pharmacy is willing to keep me working as an intern status and pay wise until i find a job as a pharmacist. Is it still okay to work in this case but I would be considered a graduate intern right? I know it doesn't really make sense since I already have my pharmacist license but they don't have an opening for a pharmacist and I don't want to be without any job until I find a pharmacist position.

I would not take the deal. I would spend 8 hours a day to look for a job. How are you searching for jobs?