Working at CVS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gqpharmacist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Job market doesn't appear as bad. I guess it just depends if you're willing to travel outside your desired location. But I just got an offer with CVS. Since I never interned with them, I just have a few question for those who works there.

What's it like to work for CVS?
Does management breathe down your neck if you're not producing enough volume?
Are benefits good?
do pharmacist receive any bonuses?

any other info would be great!

thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Breathe down is the understatement of the year. He stood behind my back watching every button I pressed on the computer and commented if I was a second too slow. He also stood over me teaching me how to count pills and technique.

It's a business first, healthcare company second. To hit their numbers you will have to sacrifice giving your patients the time they deserve. Something has got to give.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just use them like they will use you. You need their money, they need a body... that almost sounds like a prostitution deal, but you get the picture. Just pay your loans off with the money you make and when you're done look elsewhere for something for gratifying.

I don't know how anyone can stand working for them for years. I already started looking for other work since Day 1. The job market is so bad, that they know people are stuck. I know people who have quit working for them after a month or two.

Here's a quote I found on the internet which summarzies a lot:
James
Oct 25, 2012 ..
I just have to say I'm a pharmacist who gives flu shots in between filling prescriptions answering phone calls dealing with insurance companies. On top of all this there is paperwork galore for your flu shot all while we're being insulted for being to slow. The other day I actually stuck myself with a contaminated needle in all the hustle. OSHA suggest we leave immediately to get medical attention, but I couldn't because I'm the only pharmacist on duty. In addition we have to notify your md within 24 hrs. Do you really think we can do all that? *** no.

Last edited: