Working for cvs and moonlighting at an independent rx

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ancienbon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine told me a couple weeks ago that if you work for cvs, you can't work perdiem at an independent rx. She said that if your rx supervisor finds out, you can get terminated. I thought you cant work for two competitors say wags, cvs, rite aid , target, publix, ......

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure of specific policies, but I have moonlighted for multiple pharmacies, also worked full time for a chain (osco) and moonlighted at RPH on the go - which went to several of their competitors. At that time there was such a shortage my DM could care less as long as I didn't burn down the place or steal narcs.

Now days, with more pharamcist than we know what to do with, it is a good way to piss of your DM and give him or her a reason to fire you. I would check with them before doing such

So CVS is giving their new grads just 30 hours a week and they also prohibit them from picking up hours at another pharmacy? What a joke

Members don't see this ad :)
You can work for CVS and moonlight, as long as the moonlighting job does not interfere with your job at CVS. A lot of people do both.

I understand that you can work for CVS and moonlight at hospital and non retail pharmacies. But i always thought a cvs pharmacist could moonlight at independent pharmacies . I just recently found out that a RPH can get terminated for moonlighting at independent pharmacies if rx supervisor/dm finds out