Worried about debt :((

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Racer543

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are we expected to pay 300k worth of debt after graduation :(((((( ???????????????????????

Members don't see this ad.

Income based repayment.

Usually comes around to 2500-3500 a month.

Ask the residents or any local pods you know. They've been through it longer than we have so they'll give you a better picture if its sustainable or not.

Wow.. that's a huge amount to pay each month. So you'll have to be making close to $7k/month (after taxes)

And I take it this isn't including undergrad debt?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a reason why a lot of people turn away from the medical field in general. School debt is pretty scary. It takes some risk and hard work to pay it off.

Wow.. that's a huge amount to pay each month. So you'll have to be making close to $7k/month (after taxes)

And I take it this isn't including undergrad debt?

Yes. As far as I know......oye is this why I keep seeing AFAIK? Cause it means "as far as I know"?.......goddang just figured that out.

Anyways, I'm about 35k in the hole for undergrad + 40k unsubsidized when I finish my masters. This doesn't factor in accrued interest or the 40k.

You could probably get undergrad + grad loans consolidated but I don't know nearly enough.

There are a few "How much do you owe in loans" threads on here. Search them and see what you can find.