Worried About My MCAT Score After Blindly Guessing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ATM92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took the MCAT exam last Wednesday and I had mixed feelings about it. I thought that the biological sciences section, verbal and psychology or relatively easier than chemical and physical foundations which I thought was brutal! It was very difficult that I had to blindly guess on 10 questions. My question is, has anyone been in a similar position? Has anyone blindly guessed on so many questions on one section and still did well? As I have previously mentioned, the other sections were okay, so I was able to finish everything else on time.

Members don't see this ad.

Really depends on how everyone else did and how everyone else found the section to be. Some exams are extremely tough, others not so much, but the AAMC will normalize across test dates and versions of the exam. Generally speaking most people have had trouble with the new exam, especially chemical and physics since it has been generally harder along with biology, while verbal and psych soc have been on point with the AAMC practice. Don't worry until you get the score. Have a plan to move forward and prepare for the worst case scenario when planning. Outside of being on top of things, don't dwell on the score until you have it in front of you. Good luck and wish you the best!

Reactions: 1 user
Really depends on how everyone else did and how everyone else found the section to be. Some exams are extremely tough, others not so much, but the AAMC will normalize across test dates and versions of the exam. Generally speaking most people have had trouble with the new exam, especially chemical and physics since it has been generally harder along with biology, while verbal and psych soc have been on point with the AAMC practice. Don't worry until you get the score. Have a plan to move forward and prepare for the worst case scenario when planning. Outside of being on top of things, don't dwell on the score until you have it in front of you. Good luck and wish you the best!
Thanks! When I asked those whom I know who have taken the same exam, they had the same opinion. Physics was really overemphasized on this exam. There was also a decent amount of organic chemistry, but hardly any biochemistry which I find very odd.