Worried about not getting interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lawedekind

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my MD secondaries around mid-October and it's now January and I've to receive any invites for interviews. I'm mostly concerned about ETSU(Quillen) and Tennessee-Memphis since I am a TN resident.
After not hearing back from any schools, I submitted my DO application and will be submitting secondaries to KCUMB, VCOM, and OU-HCOM in the next two days. I'm worried if I'll even get interviews from then since it's so late.
I'm terrified I won't be accepted at any school or even be invited for interviews. So what are my chances of acceptance anywhere and is there anything I should do? I don't understand why it's January and I still haven't heard back from school.

University of Tennessee - Knoxville
Major: Biochemistry, Cellular, and Molecular Biology

MCAT: 30M
VR: 07
PS: 11
BS: 12

GPA: 3.50
Science GPA: 3.42
Non-science GPA: 3.56

Members don't see this ad.

lawedekind, what are your ecs
Most notably, three years working in an ER as a Tech and lab research throughout this school year. Besides that, a few awards, shadowing, and a little involvement in different organizations.

Working in the ER and research considerably compromise most of it since I have several hundred hours in each.

I submitted my MD secondaries around mid-October and it's now January and I've to receive any invites for interviews. I'm mostly concerned about ETSU(Quillen) and Tennessee-Memphis since I am a TN resident.
After not hearing back from any schools, I submitted my DO application and will be submitting secondaries to KCUMB, VCOM, and OU-HCOM in the next two days. I'm worried if I'll even get interviews from then since it's so late.
I'm terrified I won't be accepted at any school or even be invited for interviews. So what are my chances of acceptance anywhere and is there anything I should do? I don't understand why it's January and I still haven't heard back from school.

University of Tennessee - Knoxville
Major: Biochemistry, Cellular, and Molecular Biology

MCAT: 30M
VR: 07
PS: 11
BS: 12

GPA: 3.50
Science GPA: 3.42
Non-science GPA: 3.56

there are your problems. secondaries in mid-october is late; conventional wisdom suggests finishing all secondaries by august

also, a 7 VR is rather low, and many claim that med schools auto-screen around a 7 or 8.

your ECs look good, but i didn't see any substantial community service/altruistic endeavors. mid-tier schools place especially strong emphasis on service, that's something you should think about.