Worried after seeing the calibre of section bank questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lightng

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm getting really nervous about the difficulty of the section bank questions for Bio and Chem/Phys.

Psych/Soc is OKAY..... but the level of detail for those other 2 are really worrying me.

I have about 1.5 months left until exam day.

I didn't score too hot on the Question Packs either. Averaged around a 78% on Bio, Physics, Chem.

I'm not sure if the best strategy is to do more content review or just do as many questions as I can.

Currently my strategy is to do about 20~ questions from each Section Bank section untimed per day and content review the material that I don't understand and do all of the KA passages.

Any other useful tips to help improve my understanding or how to go about analyzing my mistakes in the Section Bank?

Like, should I approach the questions that I don't know right off the bat by using any resources available to answer the question? Or work off the AAMC solutions?

(I haven't done any FL's yet. I don't want to waste them if my content review isn't even strong)

Members don't see this ad.

Bio and Chem Phys Section banks are killer as in hard. Don't get too discouraged. I got 60% on chem phys q bank two days ago and just got a 90% on the scored FL chem phys lol.....but I think that's just because I didn't know K cat and enzyme efficiency and there were like 5 enzyme kinetics passages.

Reactions: 1 user
From what I've been reading here and elsewhere, SB is a bad, dirty, wet warthog ... so if you can slog through them and write down the mistakes and WHY, you should be okay.

That's what I'm telling myself.

98% CP
94% BB
PS - probably would have helped if I'd done anything before trying ;)

I'm not concerned and I test 8/5 (17 true days of prep left)... so, you should be either :) Just keep at it!

Reactions: 1 user