Worried: ETS messed up again...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hain Adam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well one of my schools informed me that they didn't receive my GRE scores and it's past their deadline but they told me it would be ok if I just faxed them the score report I received from the ETS. Well that's exactly what I did but I am worried about something. In that report there is a list of 8 schools I applied to. When they see that I applied to a bunch of schools, will they use that against me when they make a decision?

Members don't see this ad.

It's hard to say. I used white-out and photocopied the score report before I mailed it anywhere just to be on the safe side.

Well one of my schools informed me that they didn't receive my GRE scores and it's past their deadline but they told me it would be ok if I just faxed them the score report I received from the ETS. Well that's exactly what I did but I am worried about something. In that report there is a list of 8 schools I applied to. When they see that I applied to a bunch of schools, will they use that against me when they make a decision?

That's a normal number to apply to. I don't think it's going to be an issue, still like others, I used whiteout, especially when I didn't want them to know I applied to 27 schools.

Mark

Members don't see this ad :)

the same thing happened to me. i found out yesterday that they havent been received. the deadline's Tuesday. hopefully when I call the school back today they'll let me fax mine as well.
grrr can't wait for all this to be over! :mad:

The same thing happened to me too and I faxed mine without white-out or anything, so we're in the same boat. So frustrating! I always wonder if it's the school or ETS...

I had to fax my ETS report also, and decided last minute to white out the other schools, but I wasn't sure if it was worth it. I understand your concern, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. There's a good chance they would have asked you what other schools you were applying to during the interview. And I have two schools which asked me about the other schools I was applying to in the application. I mean, every little part of our application is a reason for them to reject us. I wouldn't obsess over this one. Good luck!