Worried won't get accepted from bad grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deesk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So basically, I'm in CC right now. It ha sheen a long path for me. Since I was always trying to search and find what I enjoy doing. I always knew I liked bio/med but my parents talked me out of it somehow..anyways I have taken about 25-30 classes in CC..some of them are A+, A, B+, B..with about 4 C's and about a D and an F. So majority are A's and B's. Currently though my science classes I have been taking now I have been doing very well in. B's and A's...it's just those lower grades killed my GPA for CC...and a majority of them were from classes I realized I had no interest in. It sucks, because when I was "searching" for a major I did not do well soemtimes. Now the fact I want to get into med school, I'm completely regretting having taken those classes. It stresses me out every day because I want to get into med school, but the bad grades just terrorize me ...the only way I can keep hope is that know I still have to complete some more CC, and then attend university for 2 more years to complete most of my science classes there. I'm so spot on with bio and Chem it's like cake for me. I'm just hopin the irrelevant classes/grades I got that were bad will be shadowed over by all the other classes I did well in and may not come into play too much. I used to carry a 3.9 gpa, now that's down somewhere between a 3.0 and a 3.2 (have to check my transcript). Anyways I have about a year of CC left from all my "taste testing" and then it's off to uni. I'm going to be aiming for a 3.6-3.7 or a 3.9 like I used to have. Anyway..I guess I'm just looking for some comfort here or SOMETHING to keep me motivated at workig torwards med school.

Some person life events occurred too during CC as well..was tough. But irrelevant, except the fact it was partially why some grades were not well. Not an excuse! Just saying'

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry for any spelling mistakes! On my phone with autocorrect and what not! Try your best lol! :D

You have two choices. One is to ace everything from now on. Adcoms like rising trends.

The other is to continue to do well (at the level of 3.5+) and retake every science F/D/C course, and utilize AACOMAS' grade replacement policy.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You have two choices. One is to ace everything from now on. Adcoms like rising trends.

The other is to continue to do well (at the level of 3.5+) and retake every science F/D/C course, and utilize AACOMAS' grade replacement policy.
Don't have any science classes with F/D/C !! They are non science classes

They bad grades are in business...got A's and B's in math, and got A's in English..electives were B's and some few A's

And if I retake the classes they don't look at my first grade? It gets totally replaced?

Don't bother with them. Do well in science classes and MCAT and you'll be one of those outliers who get accepted with a low cGPA but a nice sGPA.
If I have the time to retake i will