Worst admissions staff in the country.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are certain threads where necro bumping is appropriate. This thread is a classic and quite humorous and due to certain admissions committees still behaving badly, it's still relevant and therefore better to add on to this thread than risk the wrath of someone saying to use the search feature.

iow chill dude, it's all in good fun.

True. That was too quick of me to say. Certain threads do add more

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my gosh. This is amazing!

I was in fifth grade when this first happened.

I just graduated from college last month.

THIS THREAD DEFINES EPIC:thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user
OMG, I hate the schools that do this, if you're going to reject me for something in my primary app, don't invite me for an interview, such a waste of time and money

35109344.jpg

Glad to see this is still goin guys!

Never.

Addendum to the story, that I didn't add because I didn't want anybody to find out I did this while I was still a pre-med student and applying.

Once I was told I was rejected because I hadn't written the letter (Same phone call), I asked to talk to someone higher up. Finally I got to the person who told me that I was never going to get an interview because I didn't send in the letter and there was nothing I could do about it. Once I was sure he wasn't just the secretary (I think he was the dean), I proceeded to cuss him out. It felt good.

OMFG! Found this on the 1st page & I just laughed sooooo hard right now!!!!

#boss :bow:

Love that this thread is essentially a historical record of past SDN-ers, many of whom were rather active/helpful. Woud love to see this thread in 6 more years, when it'll be of legal age :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Sadly, I don't have any grudges that really have lasted longer. I only have two others that compare.

One was a nurse educator who was hired by USC and didn't know what she was doing. She screwed up and cost me honors for the rotation, and then lied about it saying I did something deliberately wrong. I would have gotten AOA. She still works at USC.

Also in internship there was the program coordinator who told me if I took someones weekend call in July in violation of ACGME rules (having worked 26 strait days) she would let me go three days early at the end of the year. The program director agreed to this trade. That June I gave my 30 day notice, packed up the U-Haul, and was just about to leave when she sent an e-mail to the program director (who was out of town) saying she never approved that. I had luckily logged all of my days. I complained to the program director, and he said tough. I filed a work hours violation with my print out of days that I worked to the GME. The PC had lied to GME about my situation and she had changed my days worked in the computer a day after having sent the e-mail. This showed up and I had the printout in my hand of what I had actually worked.. They told me they would handle it. 30 minutes later I was free to leave. The program coordinator was fired about a week or three later.

Dang. I guess I'll have to make sure to keep a log of my days worked during residency.

I'm just waiting for some newbie mod to try to lock it. All hell will be raised. One guy tried to ban me because my Tupac picture was to big and I told people that they should ask PM and R residents questions because those residents have to much free time. I pulled a "Do you know who I am???"

I remember the PM and R quip. I believe I spat out my beer. You are basically the Tucker Max of SDN.

This thread will never die. Ten years from now, I'll look back as an attending and lol at all this ****. I still wonder if people from Georgetown ever saw this.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think IU was the only school where I felt the med students were trying to dissuade the applicants from attending.

I also agree about their admissions- waiting 9 months post interview for a decision is ridiculous. When I called to ask about my rejection, they basically said that my interview was good, but I didn't have enough ties to the state for an acceptance. Why invite me for an interview, then? :confused:

Yep. IU was the only school where I thought immediately after the interview, "there is no way I'm coming here unless it's the only place I get accepted".

This thread will never die. Ten years from now, I'll look back as an attending and lol at all this ****. I still wonder if people from Georgetown ever saw this.

Apparently they are telling the people who interview with them that you can't believe everything you read on the internet. I would let it die but it is still the same people running the admissions department.

Reactions: 4 users
Apparently they are telling the people who interview with them that you can't believe everything you read on the internet. I would let it die but it is still the same people running the admissions department.

Hahaha so they know....I'm sure they know who "Jalby" is as well.

Hahaha so they know....I'm sure they know who "Jalby" is as well.

I don't know. This thread really didn't take off until about 4 years after I got rejected. I doubt it.

I don't know. This thread really didn't take off until about 4 years after I got rejected. I doubt it.

Well.....at least they know that they pissed somebody off! Lol

I remember the PM and R quip. I believe I spat out my beer. You are basically the Tucker Max of SDN.
They complained that I was misrepresenting myself even though I never claimed to be a PM and R resident. I'm just hoping they never look and notice what my "status" is.

They complained that I was misrepresenting myself even though I never claimed to be a PM and R resident. I'm just hoping they never look and notice what my "status" is.

It could technically be true...

Is it med school application time again?? It's been a while so I kind of have forgotten the time period.

To be honest, they get a lot of crappy calls everyday I'm sure so it probably gets old.

I'd add Indiana U. as a whole to the list. Secondary is odd, interview process sucks, admissions sucks, you're in a location lottery once you get accepted, etc.

This is not true. You only are in a lottery if you want the Indy location. If you want to go to any of the other 8 regional campuses you pretty much always get your first pick.

Secondary is great. They do not make you pay until AFTER you have been invited for an interview. Also, there are no essays. That is like the best possible secondary out there.

Lmao at this thread and Jalby's simmering anger.
Jalby, please tell me you saved and framed the insulting letter from the GT dean of admissions. It deserves to be hung on the wall next to your md diploma.

And can you elaborate on that gap year you were "forced to take" and became a club promoter?
Well, I tried to match into Ortho. I didn't quite make it so I took a year off to do research. During that year I randomly ended up becoming a club promoter in Hollywood. It was a great year.

Well, I tried to match into Ortho. I didn't quite make it so I took a year off to do research. During that year I randomly ended up becoming a club promoter in Hollywood. It was a great year.
Lol

Great read! People really need to just enjoy the humor if it and stop hating though. Keep up the good fight Jalby

Last edited:
epic thread.

Last edited:
Great read! People really need to just enjoy the humor if it and stop hating though. Keep up the good fight Jalby
Until death. Mine or Georgetown's admissions department.

To be honest, every single time I think of this thread I can hear the condescending ton in the Dean of Admissions telling me that "We are Georgetown University. We don't have to make accommodations for people." The first sentence is word for word. I got to angry hearing that to accurately remember/hear the second sentence.

2.5 months later, sure.

Just scrolled through the entire convo. This thread is epic, keep fighting the good fight man. You probably answered this already though but where did you end up going for school?

Until death. Mine or Georgetown's admissions department.

To be honest, every single time I think of this thread I can hear the condescending ton in the Dean of Admissions telling me that "We are Georgetown University. We don't have to make accommodations for people." The first sentence is word for word. I got to angry hearing that to accurately remember/hear the second sentence.

WOW.

Can you please explain to us what the practice of medicine is? Is it not extending sympathy and accomodating those in need? I'd be frightened to see what this individuals personality translates to on the wards. Just as much as georgetown didn't want you, you didn't need them to get where you're at today. Keep fighting the good fight sir.

WOW.

Can you please explain to us what the practice of medicine is? Is it not extending sympathy and accomodating those in need? I'd be frightened to see what this individuals personality translates to on the wards. Just as much as georgetown didn't want you, you didn't need them to get where you're at today. Keep fighting the good fight sir.
*tips fedora*

1385161078349.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Jalby, become a G15 NIH grant administrator and when these Georgetown Deans come asking for grant money, say "We are the National Institutes of Health. We do not have to make accomodations for anybody."

Reactions: 14 users
A Georgetown avatar... hahaha.

The legacy lives on.

I had one moderator on here tell me he was going to ban me because my Tupac avatar was to big.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
April 29th, 2012
I feel like if I post here, I will leave my own mark that will be preserved into the future. So here goes!

If you are reading this in 2016, you win. :D

April 30th, 2013
Wow, it's been a year and a day since I last posted in here. Sounds like that nurse will regret instilling a grudge in you. :D

Eh...sorta a year anniversary. Hehehe

solid bump

On a related note, Georgetown also has the most impersonal rejection ever. Most schools email you with some variation of “we regret to inform you that you have not been selected yada yada,” which is fine. But not Georgetown, they don’t have time for that. They just email you saying “A decision has been made, log on to find out.” Yeah, I wonder what that could mean.

And there’s no “sorry,” no “we regret to inform you,” nothing polite at all. Just “Rejected.” Thanks G-Town.

On a related note, Georgetown also has the most impersonal rejection ever. Most schools email you with some variation of “we regret to inform you that you have not been selected yada yada,” which is fine. But not Georgetown, they don’t have time for that. They just email you saying “A decision has been made, log on to find out.” Yeah, I wonder what that could mean.

And there’s no “sorry,” no “we regret to inform you,” nothing polite at all. Just “Rejected.” Thanks G-Town.

Wow. That's awful. I think the art of the rejection letter really speaks to the adcom's personality. You didn't need them anyways underu.

Welp, I finally took the time to read this thread. Work time well spent; I'm sure my boss would be proud.

As long as you don't work at Georgetown.

I work some where much more evil and loathsome than Georgetown. I'm counting down the days for my exit interview with HR in 8 weeks. Definitely gunning for the "would not hire again" status in my employee file.

May 9th 2014.
1:18 PM
Took a break from studying orgo II final exam.

I work some where much more evil and loathsome than Georgetown. I'm counting down the days for my exit interview with HR in 8 weeks. Definitely gunning for the "would not hire again" status in my employee file.

Blaze of Glory!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.